Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: My H2B "Caferacer"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:23 am 

He's an AMERICAN Cocker Spaniel by the way......... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:18 pm 

Wow ........ That is the coolest H2 I think I have ever seen.......well there is that bike Carlos has........way to go man, that thing is wicked cool !............great engineering :mrgreen:

THX Phil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:39 am 

Wery Nice,

Juha
PS. Hälsa din far och tacka för senast.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:18 am 

Just and absolutely beautiful bike!! I like the originals but LOVE these special modified bikes!! :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: Where did you get that side emblem? The tail piece is very cool also!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:23 am 

Stumpy wrote:
Just and absolutely beautiful bike!! I like the originals but LOVE these special modified bikes!! :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: Where did you get that side emblem? The tail piece is very cool also!!

Thank's!

Decals: Rick Brett, UK.

Side emblem: Andre at Diablo Cycles (reproduction decals) Canada.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:55 am 

Just went thru your build thread on KTC….WOW. Beautiful project, and it must be fun to have a dyno.
Love the, paint, clutch cover and the exhaust the bike looks bad A**! And with over 100hp!
I read you are running a Zeeltronic, Reeds, and 34vm Mikunis.
Have you done any testing of different curves?
Any insight into timing curves; where to start?
What changes made the most difference?
What NOT to do?

I have a zeel unit that I will be playing with soon and any input would help.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:18 am 

demus wrote:
Just went thru your build thread on KTC….WOW. Beautiful project, and it must be fun to have a dyno.
Love the, paint, clutch cover and the exhaust the bike looks bad A**! And with over 100hp!
What NOT to do?

Thank's for all kind words :-)

Yes, I am running the Zeel. Not reeds at the moment, but Vm34 with UFO's.

The programmable ignition unit gives you some more power all over, but maye not as much as I hoped for.

BUT, it helps "repairing" my middle rpm power. Thing is, I have Jollymoto pipes, and they are rerally race pipes, not street pipes like f.ex Higgspeed or Denco.

That means, they are fatties with a steep and short last cone. In combination with my pretty square exhaust port shape, that combo gives a very "hard" returning wave. When pistons are just about to close thye transfers, that returning wave interupts the flow upstream transfers/boosts, and gives you a flat spot.

When using Zeel, you may weaken that wave by more advanced timing. More advance gives less exhaust pressure pulse/wave down pipes, thus weaker returning wave. That is good, as weaker returning wave do not interupt scavenging and also push down upcoming flow from crankcase down transfers again that much as a stronger wave does.
SO, best result for BOTH my reeded set up AND the pport UFO'ed set up is as much as 29 degrees advance just before pistons closes transfers. (at approximately 2/3 rpm of max torque rpm, in my cases 5500-6000 rpm)

And I use 20 or something on top, and you will see that by giving more retard in that rpm area in fact gives you higher rpm before stalling, thus more power (power hp = torque x rpm)

I can have a look at my custom timing curve at the zeel later today, and post it here. Be aware that the 29 degree timing in tha flat spot area most likely will not fit your engine, but I can say that f.ex 25-26 will give more power down low and in middle rpm area than the stoch 23 degrees.

best

Jorgen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:32 am 

Thanks!
I know nothing or next to nothing about 2 stroke tuning so all this info helps. This is my first two stroke bike in over 30yrs! And I have never tuned or built one so its all new to me.
I may copy paste the Zeel info to another thread in Mod-Rod, Ive been wondering about this ignition for a bit and Ive watched other threads on the Zeel but not much info. So starting a thread on the Zeel unit may, with your info, prompt others to post what they are finding. Having a dyno at your disposal must be a big advantage!

I would have thought the reeds would make a pretty big difference in the wave signature and therefore affect the timing more, but again I don't know much about tuning, maybe timing has only a very small affect.

Do you plan on putting reeds in this motor or is it better left as a piston port? The character of the two must be completely different. I was playing with the idea of leaving mine as a piston port but changed my mind when I heard from more than one source that the Drag race type porting that had been done on the engine before I received it would make it a difficult engine on the street, and I did not want that.

Thanks again
Joe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:55 pm 

jyrgNorway wrote:
demus wrote:
What NOT to do?

Thank's for all kind words :-)

Yes, I am running the Zeel. Not reeds at the moment, but Vm34 with UFO's.

The programmable ignition unit gives you some more power all over, but maye not as much as I hoped for.

BUT, it helps "repairing" my middle rpm power. Thing is, I have Jollymoto pipes, and they are rerally race pipes, not street pipes like f.ex Higgspeed or Denco.

That means, they are fatties with a steep and short last cone. In combination with my pretty square exhaust port shape, that combo gives a very "hard" returning wave. When pistons are just about to close thye transfers, that returning wave interupts the flow upstream transfers/boosts, and gives you a flat spot.

When using Zeel, you may weaken that wave by more advanced timing. More advance gives less exhaust pressure pulse/wave down pipes, thus weaker returning wave. That is good, as weaker returning wave do not interupt scavenging and also push down upcoming flow from crankcase down transfers again that much as a stronger wave does.
SO, best result for BOTH my reeded set up AND the pport UFO'ed set up is as much as 29 degrees advance just before pistons closes transfers. (at approximately 2/3 rpm of max torque rpm, in my cases 5500-6000 rpm)

And I use 20 or something on top, and you will see that by giving more retard in that rpm area in fact gives you higher rpm before stalling, thus more power (power hp = torque x rpm)

I can have a look at my custom timing curve at the zeel later today, and post it here. Be aware that the 29 degree timing in tha flat spot area most likely will not fit your engine, but I can say that f.ex 25-26 will give more power down low and in middle rpm area than the stoch 23 degrees.

best

Jorgen
Very good reading! Finally someone who share my flatspot problem!! I to have a very square ex.port
and have been struggleing with the damned flatspot since i got the bike in 2012.. :banghead Maybe zeeltronic will help me out to?

Btw. Love your bike! /Lars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:54 pm 

demus wrote:
Very good reading!

Jorgen has some great stuff posted on other sites too, allot of great testing and info with various set ups :thumbup:
Maybe with some encouragement he would post a link or some of his findings here also.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next