Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: H1 Chambers...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:40 pm 

Ok guys, I know this question is going to be very opinionated but he goes. I'm looking to buy a new set of chambers for my H1. OF the company's that are still in business which pipes to you guys recommend? Looking for a nice finish and a great sound. don't need to set any land speed records if you know what I mean. I looked at the chambers identification link off of the Triple Resources site but am really looking for some opinions built from personal experience. ALSO I am looking for a set of chambers because I want to replace what I currently have on the bike.... 3 into 1. I know, I know, it was on there when I bought the bike. It may not be the best performing pipe but it does look kinda cool and it does sound good. I know one thing for sure, It's rare... Have no Idea who made this thing but apparently they didn't sell too many. Anyone want it?

Post subject: Re: H1 Chambers...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:47 pm 

Jim Hobbs on this Board is Probably Back-logged a bit, (can't speak for Jim) But he makes High-Quality, affordable pipes, (Denco authorised clones). You couldn't go wrong with these Pipes, I have a set for my H2! :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:06 pm 

Thanks very much, Rod. I do have a couple sets of late H1 pipes in stock. They fit '73-on H1s.

http://www.lakeserv.net/chambers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:27 am 

Post some pictures of your 3-into-1. You never know - someone here may in fact be interested in buying it for the "right" price. And by "right" I mean priced lower than a set of performance chambers.

And +1 on Jim's Denco clones. I also run a set of his superbly crafted chambers on my 75 H2. You receive them "bare", with all the pretty welds to show off. Then you can choose to paint, coat or chrome at your discretion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:43 am 

"Looking for a nice finish and a great sound. don't need to set any land speed records if you know what I mean."

Well in that case, I have a brand new never mounted set of Wirges you can buy.
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:29 pm 

Not familiar with the Wireges. School me a bit. Maybee some pics? I will get the bike out this week when it stops raining and take some picks of the 3 in to 1. Also is there anywhere I can see some picks of Jim's pipes in the various finishe's? clear, chrome or paint? Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

It's a joke, as you said didn't care about power. Wirges, all the noise without any extra pesky HP........... :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:27 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
It's a joke, as you said didn't care about power. Wirges, all the noise without any extra pesky HP........... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Actually, I believe III does have a set of NOS Wriggley's for sale.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:36 pm 

If you click on the link Jim posted, which I also posted below, there are photos.
Click on your model in the blue box on the left to read a description and see the photo.
If you click on the photo, it opens to a full screen for easier viewing. :thumbup:
http://www.lakeserv.net/chambers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:32 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:

Roll them eyes moooskie

BRAND NEW never been mounted.
And after riding triples since 1971, I dont really see where I need 5% or 10% more horsepower by using anything different.
I could give a rats arse about what anyone says, the pipes look great on a 3 and sound good too.

To quote a very famous Canadian....
"They're not just good, they're good enough.

Since it seems I may never finish that H1 project, I just might sell them to someone who likes them for the aforementioned good qualities.

We all know you take pleasure in running down the Wirges brand John, but some of us just dont care....

:e3