Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: H2 project
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:03 pm 

R.B. wrote:
I've said it before, and I will say it again, THAT bike is just about the nicest "special" I have ever seen :clap: :clap: :clap:

you said that about mine, make up your mind

Carlos, awsume work by the way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:07 pm 

Well if it makes you feel any better Henry, Rick said fuk all about my bike! :lol:

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

What can one say, when all they see is a tail light....... ;) :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:31 pm 

That is a beautiful build. I see it has passenger pegs. Are they for the wifey? The picture is very well composed. The head lamp rim and front fender light burst caught my attention. Pure art..... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:36 pm 

Carlos, absolute stunner. My soon to be EX girlfriend winders why I stare at my computer, and smile, and nod, and sometimes I'm sure I may even drool a little. She thinks of course it's another woman.....when as we all know.......NO woman could make me tune in for 5 years daily or every few days waiting for updates on builds such as yours. I think many of us got a little attached to your scoot over the years. Your attention to detail, craftsmanship and patience are commendable. Phenomenal work Carlos, you have created one heck of a bike!!!!! Now go flog that baby and ride it like you built it to be ridden.

No woman could improve that much over seven years!! Some have custom parts but I've never seen a set of custom machined triple trees that nice on a female. Lol great work

Rick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:12 pm 

Thanks all!

I'll slowly post details from the time I started. Maybe a few details may be helpfull to others
going to similar projects, maybe not. Most information was on the old board.

How it started and the frame mods

After many years search for H2s over here that's what I could get:

From what I had, I decided to keep the best original parts for a future restoration and
make a project bike using one of the frames. One of the bikes had a 500 engine, but
both frames were H2B and close serial numbers with last digit diference in 4, so they
might have been built the same day in Japan and were imported to my country in a
small purchase order, and I found the bikes in very distant places and times here...

Parameters for the new project: Make it lighter, with better handling and suspension, a bit more
power and low/midrange torque, if possible safer and have a bike that could be used anyday,
but still keep the H2 looks and as close as possible to the 73 purple.

the frame mods

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:35 pm 

First ride

Took her for the first ride today. Rode only around town streets to check if everything was ok.
Acceleration is nice, so I believe I will not need to deal with jetting. Didn’t go beyond 5.000 rpm
(the red zone :eh: ) yet as the engine is new and I prefer to break it in carefully. Engine is working warm and not overheating.
Found 2 problems:
1- Front brake needs extra force on the lever. Two fingers provide a good braking, but I’ll
have to replace the master cylinder for other with smaller diam. piston. I used Suzuki’s gsxr 750
and that was designed for double discs.
2- Rode only 13 km, because I had to return home as the sytech clutch actuator started to
drag to the point the cable would not freely return. Problem is the actuator as everything else is ok.
I used high temp grease when assembling. Clutch discs and springs are Barnett’s and new. Bearing and bushing also new and everything was correctly adjusted.
I like the ball bearings design as of the KH500 actuator that’s very smooth. Do you know if it fits the H2 and where I could get one?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:48 pm 

Carlos, with your knowledge and skills, I recommend you change to a hydraulic actuator. A 7/8" slave cylinder and a 9.5 mm Magura master cylinder work great together.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:17 pm 

Jim wrote:
There is a huge amount of detail that you can't begin to see in the photos.

RB, last time you commented on this bike you said it was the nicest special. :lol:

O.K. You are correct, I was blown away by the bike and the attention to detail from the outset of the project, It irked me that the Graphics he used for the paint job were sub standard :roll: After all, that is one of my major passions - The decals supplied by (name withheld) I believe - did not have the centres of the "A"'s weeded out so the centre of each A is plain white instead of black :banghead VERY petty I know, but that's just me, and the final build shows he has used one of those cheesy cheapo looking petcocks, again just very petty, but after all the sweat and tears and HOURS of devotion that he put into the bike the fuel tap just wasn't up to the stunning quality of the rest of the bike, the memory of the photos from the old board of the awesome work that he put into the rearsets Etc is forefront of my memory when I look at any attempt of a "special", like you pointed out, you would need to see 100 photos of various areas of the bike to see just what a utterly STUNNING bike Carlos built! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

And a lot of it, you can't see! :thumbup: ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next