Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: H2 dyno sheets
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:31 pm 

Leo wrote:
Jorgen: no porting done to the Atze bike, just 2 mm raise and decked cilinders. It is clear that a minor raise of the ex-port will free a good number of horses ready to get out! 8-)
JP: Yes, will roll a few sets in dec.

Seems like the flatslides gives some extra power when correct tuned. Me like, since I am about to put them on. My dyno result with 2mm raised exhaust, vm34 and jollymoto was 84. 81 without the exhaust raise and same carbs and exhaust. But my butt dyno prefer the 81 hp version, it just felt quicker!!!

By the way: By 2mm raise, did you mean the cylinder or just the exhaust port?

If you ment the cylinder you have a lot more transfer angle.area, as the transfer floor is considerable lower than piston dome, but less blowdown angle.area than just raising the exhaust. On your 100rwhp H2, you did both did'nt you?

Jorgen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:19 pm 

Arne bike: cylinders are raised 2 mm, so both ex and transfer ports are raised while skirt cutoff compensated for loss of inlet timing.
My bike: just ex-port is raised 2 mm, no cylinder lift. Port timing is stock, angles are changed slightly. Pistons with 1 pistonring, aluminum liners nikasiled. Found out yesterday my revcounter was reading 350 RPM too high so the whole graph should move to the left. Max torque was 90 Nm and should be 95 Nm@6900. Max RWHP stays the same obviously. This engine has been raced for three seasons by now, never missed a beat.
Ignition is standard H2 with Lush iggy box with retard past 6 K.

Last edited by Leo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:40 pm 

Thanks for great info Leo.

I will "file" your info as I am searching for as much power as possible with 34mm set up.

Jorgen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:58 pm 

Leo wrote:
@Jorgen: A good stock H2's make 62-64 RWHP.

On this occasion Leo, you are so VERY wrong, a couple of years ago I built 4 PERFECT stock H2's, a 1971, a 1972, a 1973 (yes, there were 2 versions of '73 cylinders) a 1975 H2c, I took them all to a newly installed just calibrated DYNO , and every bike was over 70 BHP without even running them in ;) . . I was curious as to why the 1971 Cylinders delivered SO much more horsepower :think:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

Where are the dyno sheets?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:38 pm 

R.B. wrote:
Leo wrote:

. I was curious as to why the 1971 Cylinders delivered SO much more horsepower :think: [/b][/color]

What did you figure out?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:20 am 

R.B. wrote:
Leo wrote:

On this occasion Leo, you are so VERY wrong, a couple of years ago I built 4 PERFECT stock H2's, a 1971, a 1972, a 1973 (yes, there were 2 versions of '73 cylinders) a 1975 H2c, I took them all to a newly installed just calibrated DYNO , and every bike was over 70 BHP without even running them in ;) . . I was curious as to why the 1971 Cylinders delivered SO much more horsepower :think:

Maybe my dyno is one of the "tough ones" regarding hp.

Had a 100% stock H2 with second style cylinders, freshly honed and made exactly 60 rwhp. But that power was obtained some hundred rpm's prior to estimated peak power rpm at 6800 rpm, running rich I guess.

As said, just did 2 runs with stock cylinders and stock pipes but with vm34. Did not get more than 68 or something. I have a friend with the very early untouched 1971 cylinders where the transfer ports in cylinder steel liner is oriented at a complete different location than all the rest. Will try his bike on dyno spring time to see. This bike has stock VM30 today, but wanna upgrade to VM34. We will off course measure the bike with both 30 and 34 carbs. Bike gas fbg pipes though..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:49 am 

Leo wrote:
Atze bike: cylinders are raised 2 mm, so both ex and transfer ports are raised while skirt cutoff compensated for loss of inlet timing.
My bike: just ex-port is raised 2 mm, no cylinder lift. Port timing is stock, angles are changed slightly. Pistons with 1 pistonring, aluminum liners nikasiled. Found out yesterday my revcounter was reading 350 RPM too high so the whole graph should move to the left. Max torque was 90 Nm and should be 95 Nm@6900. Max RWHP stays the same obviously. This engine has been raced for three seasons by now, never missed a beat.
Ignition is standard H2 with Lush iggy box with retard past 6 K.
Leo what pistons have you fit with one ring only?
interesting me as we have try nickasil or exactly revaltec on the genuine kawasaki liners and we have trouble with genuine kawasaki pistons rings on a H1B - seized- but not on a H2A.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:32 am 

"As said, just did 2 runs with stock cylinders and stock pipes but with vm34. Did not get more than 68 or something. I uhave a friend with the very early untouched 1971 cylinders where the transfer ports in cylinder steel liner is oriented at a complete different location than all the rest. Will try his bike on dyno spring time to see. This bike has stock VM30 today, but wanna upgrade to VM34. We will off course measure the bike with both 30 and 34 carbs. Bike gas fbg pipes though.."

Why do you think Kawasaki changed the porting? I have seen cylinders that had very little material between the intake port and the transfer troughs, then Kawasaki lowered the liner cut outs for the transfers, looks like to keep from breaking cylinderss.

But you have to wonder why with the power of the original H2 they would change the porting so significantly.

If you had a completely stock H2A what are the best mods for a nice boost in performance, maintaining the most mid-range power and still with a nice jump in performance?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:40 pm 

battleax wrote:
"As said, just did 2 runs with stock cylinders and stock pipes but with vm34. Did not get more than 68 or something. I uhave a friend with the very early untouched 1971 cylinders where the transfer ports in cylinder steel liner is oriented at a complete different location than all the rest. Will try his bike on dyno spring time to see. This bike has stock VM30 today, but wanna upgrade to VM34. We will off course measure the bike with both 30 and 34 carbs. Bike gas fbg pipes though.."

Why do you think Kawasaki changed the porting? I have seen cylinders that had very little material between the intake port and the transfer troughs, then Kawasaki lowered the liner cut outs for the transfers, looks like to keep from breaking cylinderss.

But you have to wonder why with the power of the original H2 they would change the porting so significantly.

If you had a completely stock H2A what are the best mods for a nice boost in performance, maintaining the most mid-range power and still with a nice jump in performance?

A set of Jollymoto, VM34, untouched cylinders (even the latest ones) and you almost do 2.gear powerwheelies with stock gearing. With Aylor reeds, you do even better.
Amongst the oldschool pipes, I have heard Jims Dencoes is the best for peak power, and perhaps Higgspeed for best torque down low and in midrange. One gotta dyno to make sure.
81 rwhp with the jollys. Same configuration, but with 2mm exhaust raise gave 84 on same dyno same day.

BUT, and this is important: My butt dyno told me the 81 rwhp felt the quickest, so if I could choose between these 2 I'll take the 81

There are many many pipes I have not dynoed, like factory, fbg, specII, WalmsTriplenutsFatties, k2tec, lush etc. Fatties gives more power prior to pipes hit.
Dont have a clue about the earliest cylinders, will be interesting to dyno the bike mentioned earlier with those cylinders.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next