Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Inherited H2 project
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:06 am 

Yep, looking forward to this one! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:41 pm 

I finally had a chance to start it up today! Fired right up….Thanks John for the porting changes, I have to put some miles on and get my jetting right before I will comment further on how it runs but all signs seem very good :thumbup: Very nice work!!

The ignition rotor advance worked. I was shooting for 35 deg static angle when I drilled the ignition rotor to advance it. When I checked it with the timing light, I ended up with 37.5 deg static angle setting in the Zeel. I programed in a curve with 25 deg advance and it moved right up to 25 deg when I checked it with the timing light, then went for a quick spin, then got sidetracked by life and had to park it :thumbdown: Should have programed a more advance curve right away, thought I had more time than I did :(
The nice part is I am now absolutely confident on how the Zeel works and how to set it…Thank you Jorgen and Phil…Seriously you guys were life savers on that for me!

Next step is to program in a curve with 28 or 30 deg max advance and check it with the timing light to see where it fires.

On the very short ride it seems the new shock spring is MUCH better also…. But I have to check a few things there also to see if it is rubbing, it was a tight fit!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:37 pm 

I did some tweaking in my limited spare time and finally got a chance today to ride for a couple hours.
I reworked the shift lever and welded on an extension, not pretty but made a good improvement for me, added some turn signal indicators to the dash. Also changed to 32.5 pilots from 30's but I think I need to go to 35's, its still real boggy of the start.
I sent a video to Moo and he made some suggestions, it seemed like it was running on 2 cylinders on take off then it would go once the rpm's went up a bit, checked all the exhaust pipes from cold and they all heat perfectly even so they are all firing.
I ran it with the choke on and it got better but was to much and then I played with the mixture screws and ended at 1/2 turn out, and it ran better, still needs work but getting there.
I did also played with the needle just for fun, I richened it up a notch and it made a big difference…. just not a good difference :lol:
But it made me happy that the carb adjustments and the 2 stroke thing are becoming clearer to me. All in all it ran well, by the end of the day I feel like I could ride anywhere and not have the problems I was having last year. Oh... and no more cutting out from the ignition on this ride either… so I think I have got that solved.

The new shock spring works great, I am very happy with that, although bike sits very high, I haven't measured the seat height but I have a 34" inseam and my heels JUST touch the ground, now that it does not sag 4 or five inches when I sit on it!
It handles much better than last year, but I thought I would try raising the fork tubes 10mm above the triple clamps, I wasn't sure if it would help or hurt, but it made a good improvement. Im no racer so I would never know good from great but I can tell better.
All In all everything done over the winter seems successful :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:09 pm 

Quote:
The nice part is I am now absolutely confident on how the Zeel works and how to set it…Thank you Jorgen and Phil…Seriously you guys were life savers on that for me!

Demus.......You are Most Welcome my Friend.......I rechecked mine a few weeks ago, was spot on......did some Jetting changes with the K2TEC's.......put everything back as it all slowed it down........pretty pleased with it

That Bike should be a Beast Once you get all dialed in :thumbup:

Have not been on much lately, too damned busy with work projects :wtf:

THX Phil :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:25 am 

I have said this a lot and will keep saying it, this group of guys banded around these particular bikes are different than anyone else I have never meet :lol: :lol:
I have never (not) meet so many people who are wiling to go out of there way to help! I think I may have chucked this project along time ago if I hadn't joined this forum.

I should be receiving a Uni-Sync and some more pilot jets this week. Talking to John he suggested trying 2 sizes up pilot seeing I am at only 1/2 turn on the screws. I am hoping to have it dialed in the next couple weeks…..IF work allows, I too am way over the top busy, no complaints, I don't mind it, until I start thinking about tuning the bike ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:51 am 

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:06 pm 

AMEN....... What a long strange trip its been.....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

I think Bill take the prize for the strangest post in Mod-rods......... :lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:28 pm 

Very nice job Bill ....:D
Now :shh: before it causes trouble!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:35 pm 

demus wrote:
I have said this a lot and will keep saying it, this group of guys banded around these particular bikes are different than anyone else I have never meet :lol: :lol:
I have never (not) meet so many people who are wiling to go out of there way to help! I think I may have chucked this project along time ago if I hadn't joined this forum.

I should be receiving a Uni-Sync and some more pilot jets this week. Talking to John he suggested trying 2 sizes up pilot seeing I am at only 1/2 turn on the screws. I am hoping to have it dialed in the next couple weeks…..IF work allows, I too am way over the top busy, no complaints, I don't mind it, until I start thinking about tuning the bike ;)

That's the way it is in EVERY corner of the triples community Joe. And by the way: Your bike is something very special, with a very special history. She is lucky having you as the owner (or you are lucky having her as your boss :D :D :D )

And soon I'm gonna duplicate your rotor mod. Keep us posted, I enjoy reading about your stunning project.

..j.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next