Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Inherited H2 project
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:06 am 

I only have the 1 dyno pull from RB's and it was rich at the time... Over compensating for nipping the motor prior to the run. :oops:
I double checked, 5200-5600 is at 25hp

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:57 am 

jyrgNorway wrote:
WOW.

That's extremely impressive work you have done on that 500 Nev. It's absolutely amazing getting those peak power numbers, still having almost 25 at 5000 rpm. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I see the powerband starts at 5900 rpm, (a bit hard to tell) a very smooth transition from mid range to powerband. :thumbup: If so, that is exactly at same rpm as Walms 500 with Clough pipes at RB bash. Isn't that correct Andrew? And same number for your torque pipes, 5700?

Jørgen

When looking at that curve again, I just cannot figure out at what rpm the powerband starts. Definately not at 5900 as I said. In fact, the curve is so linear it reminds me of a foulstroker. Neville, what have you done :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:12 am 

I came across this dyno run from John's post;
My porting, which was done by Ron from PHR, is the same Stage II.
I see the flat spot and it does coincide with what I have found on my H2.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:35 am 

That H2 must be a rocket, and also power in lower revvs is is great.
But I think this is a dyno test using Lectron 40 carbs. Yes, it has a flat spot in the midrange area, but if you look at the hp figures in the very same area, you will definately not feel this as a lazy spot. It has like 50 rwhp at that point, VERY good numbers!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:53 pm 

demus, yes, sir, that bike is really nice, I like the daylights outta it. It has to be a full-on blast to ride.

One thing to consider, ALL engines have the same torque and horsepower at 5,252 rpm's. From there, it goes all over the place.

There is so much more to all this than has been touched upon so far. Kevin Cameron, Erv Kanemoto and I were discussing this stuff one day eons ago, and we all sort of came up with the same idea at once, engines, although they are metal and other things, are also LIVE entities, much like humans, in that they respond to changes much like a human does. Long before exhaust power valves came along, Kevin and I had come up with the idea that some sort of valve, either mechanical or electronic, would be nice to change exhaust volumes in two stroke primary pipes. Kevin's idea was much the same as a camera aperture device, opens as a round hole that gets bigger/smaller.

Honda chose a different method for their 500 3 cylinder and earliest 4 cylinder 2 stroke race engines, they used part of the computer to regulate injecting water vapor to create steam, into the primary pipes, to change the volumes of them. Very clever.

Another hair brained idea was to build the pipes so that the center section could be shortened and lengthened as engine load prescribed, by running two sections of metal pipe inside each other. One on the front cones, the other on the rear cones. Not so clever.

As I said, the discussions here are basically just touching the surface, it gets a lot more involved as you go. Just about every area that can be altered, alters something, or more than one other area, which changes something else, and goes on, and on, and on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:18 pm 

Think 17years ago. No UFOs no reeds. I did have my ignition but it wasn't programmable. Those old pipes Re the same as the cone sets Leo does.105'm belly only,no tapered header,hand cut ad rolled cones. It was 1mm over on the bore.. So that is what is not done :-) With these engines we had to modify the clutch basket to put the ring on the outside from the H2.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:40 pm 

Re: Ron Richert's note- anyone know who Barry W is out of Georgia? Curious since GA is my home state too.

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:54 pm 

jyrgNorway wrote:
That H2 must be a rocket, and also power in lower revvs is is great.
But I think this is a dyno test using Lectron 40 carbs. Yes, it has a flat spot in the midrange area, but if you look at the hp figures in the very same area, you will definately not feel this as a lazy spot. It has like 50 rwhp at that point, VERY good numbers!!!!

Why do you think 40 Lectrons?
My motor was done much earlier than 2004. Mine was done in '98 or '99 and the notes say Stage II +
I still have some of his notes, he recommend vm34 mikunis for this motor.

I doubt my motor will make that kind of power.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:05 pm 

Because you don't get 120 rwhp with anything less than a 38 carb, or a 50-55 rwhp mid range.
And I have seen, in person, same brand cylinders from way back in time, with lectrons on.

With 34's, you are very good if you pass 100 rwhp and still be "streetable "

At least, that is the info I have, and also my experience.

..j.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:29 pm 

I can believe that, it takes a lot of air and fuel to get power.
Ron advertised this motor package with 34's at 120 RWHP...I think that was a bit optimistic :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next