Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Re: Inherited H2 project
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:58 pm 

Well..I got to ride this orange beast on the weekend..woo it's cool. The bike looks fantastic - a bit tall since I'm vertically challenged, but very comfortable. The tuning is getting there: crisp throttle response and pulls quite nicely except for a spot in the middle where it stumbles. After the stumble and up to about 9 grand (sorry Joe :oops: ) it freaks out and rips your arms off. All the while it is smooth as silk and very stable with excellent stopping power. Knowing more about the history of the bike and its original owner makes it even more special. I would love to own it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:31 pm 

Jeez Ian…..and after I was soooo careful with your bike never letting it get much above idle :lol:
Fantastic jetting on your bike, and so much power all over!

I really didn't understand what proper flogging was until this last weekend :crazy: :clap:

Just ordered some 6dp17 needles to try, and there will be some mods to the suspension someday!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:28 pm 

Tried the 6dp17's, still runs best with either the 5fp17 or the 6dp1. Not ruling anything out yet.
Both the 5fp17 an the 6dp1 very close to the same by my butt dyno. Both need to be run at or on the leanest setting.

I did move to 2.0 slides and readjusted my pilots screw and the bog off the line is gone, now I have to downsize my pilots a bit, I'm 2 turns out on the screw.
I am little surprised how when the needle is at or near the leanest setting how much it affects take-off, pilots circuit and cut away become very critical.
When I was testing the 6pd17's any setting leaner than the middle clip and the bog on acceleration would kill the motor and it would get make the stumble in the middle terrible! Moved back to the 6dp1's leanest setting and it accelerated fine with no other changes.
That tapper point is killing me and when I richen up any of the needles I have the stumble at 5500 gets worse.
Seems like it wants to be lean right at that 5500 rpm, (I need fuel injection :lol: )
Those spec II's do hit hard and I think they are messing with my set up at that 5000-6000 point :banghead
But they sure are fun after that!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:46 pm 

demus wrote:
...now I have to downsize my pilots a bit, I'm 2 turns out on the screw.

As long as you can find the maximum RPM, and it's a 2 turns out, there's no need to buy new pilot jets. In other words, if going to 2.5 turns out slows the idle, and you can tell 2 is best, you're OK. The problem happens when you can't find a maximum RPM, which means the pilots are out the range the air screws can adjust.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

Just pretend you are riding with Andrew all the time........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:01 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
Just pretend you are riding with Andrew all the time........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've decided these bikes are just like the people who own them........ Some have a personality disorder and you just learn to like them more for it !!! :thumbup: :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24