Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yamasaki KH2 750
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:13 pm 

I went to work on my bike on Saturday, but didnt get much done due to the heat. I am a little concerned about the rear shock as it is majorly stiff and has what appears to be a cut on the upper part of it. I removed it to inspect it closer and it appears like the whole shock is maybe bent?

I have no idea what this shock came off of. It almost looks like maybe a four wheeler or something? Because the bottom mount is so wide, I think I will end up having to redo the mounts on the swing arm if I want to replace it with a different shock.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:31 pm 

I have an FZR shock and linkage, but I dont really know if this will work or not. I have no idea how this suspension is supposed to work or if I even have enough room to properly install it. I know for sure the bar below the rear portion of the engine would need to be modified if I decide to go down this route.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:41 pm 

Finally I wanted to see how easy it would be to change the bike back into a dual shock. Currently I dont really know what suspension setup I want to use, but the dual shocks give it kind of a classic look.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:36 am 

I have been pretty busy with work and other projects, so this one got a little neglected, but I managed to get a few things mocked up Saturday.

I did'nt really care for the stock cowl and home made seat pan I had on the bike so I ordered a new tail piece from Airtech. Its a H2R modified pan. When I mocked it up and took some pics, the seat was so white that you couldnt see the curves and angles in the pictures, so I put some tape on it so you can actually tell what it is you are looking at. Anyway, I think it fits the bike better style wise than the last, is a hell of a lot more comfortable to sit on, but think it maybe is a little big? I guess I dont know what to think of it at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:42 am 

I don't think it looks too big.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:56 pm 

I agree Jim, I think it looks much better. The other moded stocker looked too short to me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:15 am 

I like the H2r tail waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better Sam. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:41 am 

One more vote for the H2R tail, but those stingers need a haircut! :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:31 am 

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess I was so used to looking at the short modded stock tail piece that when I put the new one on it looked to big. Now that I've looked it over (again and again), I have to agree. I like this pan much better.

As for the pipes, I guess I never really noticed just how long they look. I can always remove the silencers to make the stingers look shorter. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:51 am 

Keep in mind those single shocks are made to work with a linkage (correct me if I'm wrong) and it's not a straight rate. The original one you were going to use looks like it has minimal travel, suggesting the bike it was on had a high rate of leverage on the linkage and swingarm. Not surprised you found it to be stiff. The dual shocks are more straight forward to implement and may actually work better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next