Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yamasaki KH2 750
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:37 pm 

At this point I went a little over board with the paint thinner...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:41 pm 

Actually I did try a different tail section moo,

I had this old KZ???? cowl...

I thought it looked wierd so I went back to the high impact rear collision look :lol: I am still looking for something cool to replace it with.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:47 pm 

Included in the parts lot were two sets of pipes. The ones below are unidentified. They are super wide and look like the could possibly be hand built?? They have extra heavy hangers and really narrow silencers. Someone told me they could be Highwayman pipes, but another told me they look like drag pipes. I mounted them onto the stock head pipes, but they are a little wide in diameter so fit very loosely. Anyone have any idea what brand these are? They look like they would make good power. I'm not sure if I would run them with this motor as it is completely stock.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:53 pm 

I made some mounts for rear sets I pulled of an 80s FZ and fitted the bike with the FPP pipes that were included in the deal. I thought the other pipes looked to heavy in the rear and was worried about clearances as they are really wide.

Its hard to see in the pictures, but the FPP pipes are really banged up and repaired very poorly. Also Im missing two silencers and the spigots.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:59 pm 

When I mounted the FPP pipes there was an issue with clearing the mounts for the center stand so I cut them off.. Then it hit me.. these tabs may work for the rear shock mounts!

I cut the matching tab off the H1 frame and hell yeah! They even have the matching diameter bolt hole as the shock!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:06 pm 

Last weekend I had very little time to work on the bike so I did what I could. I found a new location for some of the electronics I put the CDI box under the tank and the voltage regulator behind the engine. I like the way the regulator looks and decided I wanted to show it off. I may end up moving if it fails to clear the air filters.

I also started to make a seat pan out of an old computer case.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:11 pm 

I didnt really like the way the FPP pipes looked and would cost to much to repair them and find the missing parts for them so I started to de-rust the other set of pipes and put them back on. I think they look better raw actually.

This is basically where I left off and will be picking back up this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:15 pm 

This weekend I should be getting some new pipes in the mail. I am not sure what brand they are but they look really cool and may be easier to jet to my stock engine. I will also have closed cell seat foam and waiting for me.

I will keep you all informed with the progress I make in the next few weeks. I plan on hitting it hard and getting the bike running.

Anyone recognize this brand of pipes?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

Those look like Wirges stingers. Are they heavy?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:45 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
Those look like Wirges stingers. Are they heavy?

I didnt know there were such things as Wirges stingers. Arent Wirges basically garbage?

They cost around $38 to ship so they may be on the heavy side, but I wont know for sure until they arrive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next