Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yamasaki KH2 750
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:25 pm 

I got the shift linkage welded.. looks like crap but its functional. Also mounted the brake stabilizer bar. Still working on the chain.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:31 pm 

Found a cheap tail light on ebay and mounted it. I also made a seat cushion out of closed cell foam and a am now mocking up a door to put over the opening of the cowl.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:41 pm 

... and this is where I left off. I would have had gotten more done, but the guy who was going to weld in the shock mounts and rearset mounts flaked out. Oh well I'll just take it somewhere else have have the pros weld it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:43 pm 

You're making very good progress. It's great to see that you're making this project they way you want it - the bottom line is you'll have fun riding it and not just looking at it! Keep up the reports! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:09 pm 

I finally found some time to start on this project again! So far I have been correcting the mistakes I made last year and adding some additional parts.

Last year I noticed that the position of the pegs were too close to the frame and I had major difficulties trying to shift gears. I decided to mount the pegs further back. This meant I needed to relocate the rear brake cylinder, tail light switch and shift linkage. I also used the peg mount to hang the exhaust. I currently have it all tacked in ready for finish welds.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:14 pm 

This is the side with the shifter. I ended up cutting off the mount for the linkage on the back of the shift lever, turning it around so it faced backwards and then re welding it in place to clear the shift lever. Otherwise the when I would try to shift, the lever would hang up on the linkage.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:23 pm 

While I was working on the rear sets, a buddy of mine made a mount and hung the oil tank (He actually found this tank and gave me it. I guess it was meant to be used in a lawn tractor). The hanger mounts under the cowl, wraps the tank and then should bolt to the existing tank ears. Also, I plan to make a filler tube that will lead from the the tank to the cowl and will be accessible from the cowl.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:25 pm 

I also found a fork brace! Now I just need some bolts..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:29 pm 

I found a guy who makes custom seat pans. He sent me a sample picture of one of the H2R pans he makes. I photoshopped it onto my bike to get an idea what it will look like. I really dig it and ordered the pan. I hope to see it in the next couple weeks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:59 pm 

:thumbup: good post!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next