Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:11 am 

Morning all, after some crazy crazy rain and flooding last night, i woke up to great day for riding!

Just took the ridiculously small stock carbs (30mm that i measured) off my 75, H2.........When i sit them next to this set of 34mm mikunis i am amazed at the size difference (thats what she said) :clap:

Anyway i think i am gonna NOT be able to use the 34 mikunis that i bought, they dont have any where for the oil lines to enter.

So as i tear into these stock carbs to have a look at the float valves and float levels i have a few questions, i the meantime what is the best way to make my bike run good with these little carbs? I think i know the answer, Jet em, set em, and sync em right......Howd i do? Any other advice is welcomed I have been studying the resource site and carb tuning manual as well as the sudco manuals to try to gain some insight. :banghead

Lastly i know this has been discussed a lot, But i wanna see it here without having to search out everyones opinions......

What Carbs do you use personally on your 750, are you happy with how they perform? where is the best place to get em?

I have a feeling i am going to be getting different carbs but so many options. Thank you for the input

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:19 am 

You should be able to drill and tap a hole in the 34s for the oil lines.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:19 am 
Site Admin

If you want to use the 34's you can drill & tap them for the oil lines.
A good way to make 30's work best is to use Ivan's jet kit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:20 am 

Rick, you can drill and tap for oil lines for the 34s. Intake adapters are available. I modified some aftermarket snowmobile adapters, shortening them so the float bowls of the VM34s don't hit the transmission case. I also modified the cable tab on my oil pump pulley so the cable isn't bent sharply at full throttle from the increased cable travel. It's usually not a bolt-on modification to go to bigger carbs, but with some creativity it works well.

(typed in parallel with joker and mraxl :lol: )

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:39 pm 

I'm a 72 with 30's and my H2 runs like a raped ape and I live at 6,800 feet.

BUT - I've got some big porting and moo reeds (and Dencos).

I will say it took years to get it to run this good at this altitude.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:15 pm 

Did i tell you guys i love this effin board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all of the replies guys!

I have a set of 72 cylinders ported and bored with moo reeds and wosners and brand new fast by gast pipes just sitting there looking at me :lol: waiting for my other build, trying not to just tear into my very stock looking 75 but temptation is building FAST!!!!!!

Can someone post a pic of how the drilled and tapped 34's look with oil lines for me? Hard to fathom the 34's even fit in that space where the stockers sit, seems so small of a space....but enough guys have them that ohhh i sure do believe.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:30 pm 

34MM carbs are the way to go in my opinion. It will run better. Intakes are readily available and cheap. After years of fighting the oil pump cable with 34s on my H2, I purely by accident rediscovered that the easiest way to solve the cable length and throw issue is to install an H1 throttle cable. You will need to tap your clutch cover with a 6MM 1.0 tap to accept the H1 oil pump cable adjuster and then install and rig the cable.

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:37 am 

am standart engine exhausts and hit 128 MPH on 16X47 with fine acceleration :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:43 pm 

Jim wrote:
I also modified the cable tab on my oil pump pulley so the cable isn't bent sharply at full throttle from the increased cable travel

Jim, please post a pic or drawing of what you've done. I'm also modifying a pump pulley that has a broken tab and new ideas would be great.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:28 pm