Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:40 pm 

If you look at the picture with the car in the back ground, You can see the brake line that is so long it reaches the front tire.

I found out my clutch problem is no big deal.

So tomorrow (sunday) I will fix the clutch, make a bracket for the tail light(came in today), mess with the wiring some more, make the left exhaust hanger...... And probly loop the brake line around and take a little slow/short ride to see if things are working out alright.

(new pictures on page 5)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:06 pm 

Here is a walk around and rev up video. I couldn't get anyone to hold the camera while i putted around.

I fixed the clutch and took it for a couple rides up the drive way. No back brakes till i get a shorter brake line.
I ended up having to take the chain guard off and learned i will need some chain runners for the top of the swing arm.
Feels good, runs strong. Sounds great, the video doesn't do the sound of the pipes justice.
http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61 ... 08_570.mp4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:04 pm 

I took it for the first real ride today.

Was scary fast. Nothing like the Suzuki GT.

It gets on the pipe pretty high in the RPMs. Maybe from the pods? or the slight angle change made to all pipes.
But when it gets on the pipe it hits HARD!!

If I didn't put the 3 or 4 inch longer rear end on I would probably have trouble keeping the front end down. But as is the front gets light but stays down and all arm stretching acceleration.

The gearing seems a little high though. The rear shock is a little soft. And my clutch slips when the pipe kicks in.

A few bugs left. But all the speed I was hoping for.

I didn't take more pictures because all i did was put on a universal tail light and rewire all the lighting from scratch.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:16 am 

I got to put some miles on today..

I had a clearance issue with the chain and the lower shock bracket mount. I had to cut it out where the chain is and I welded on 2 other support brackets in it's place. And i finally welded on a kick stand.

It took me some miles to figure out the jetting. It was way rich on the bottom. I have my pilot jets at 2 turns out (still a little bubbly) And my needles feels good at 3rd from the top. This thing has the 92.5 mains in the side carbs, but has a 100 in the middle. That just seems like a big jump, but so far after getting the jetting where it is it hasn't fouled a plug.

My clutch plates need replaced after one good run at the wrong adjustment. Currently it doesn't slip unless I get on it hard, and has a little surge while cruising.

The gearing is way high. I can cruise through town at 30mph in second without much throttle. And 5th is almost to high for cruising at 60 at almost idle. Almost like a really high over drive. I almost like it, but i will throw on the 14 tooth front just to see how it feels (currently 16-49 with smaller than stock back tire).

I will get some ride video once i replace the clutch plates.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:37 am 

Sounds good, keep going.........!! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:41 am 

I downloaded this app for my phone that video records, shows speed, and G force. I am planning on making a removable bracket for the phone by the speedo. A soon as I get some clutch plates in and the gearing figured out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:39 pm 

A lot of guys will run the center cylinder richer because it's slightly hotter, but I'm not sure that a one size up, if any change is required.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:13 pm 

Just about got the bugs worked out.

One of my carburetors was off an early H1. That is why it had a 100 main jet when the others were 92.5. Correct carb came in yesterday.

Now my back brake won't stop dragging. When i took it apart and cleaned it it had some pitting in the piston. So I will need to buy a new brake caliper piston. No wonder my first initial ride (with no bake brake) I thought it was scary fast.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:23 am 

I pulled a brake caliper piston from one of the extras off the blue frame's front end and it was exactly the same so I switched it out.

I got all the power back and she runs great now... :clap: The gearing even feels perfect, it must have been the other problems making it feel wrong...Oh and the clutch stopped slipping.
I am going to do some fancy painting on the tank this weekend and touch up the pipes and frame. And talk a buddy into sewing the seam that is coming loose on the seat.

I want to get a ride video, and have a cool app on my phone for it, but if I mount it to the bike I think it might bounce to much :think:
I will at least get some after paint pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:55 pm 

I was testing the stencil I made for my gas tank when I find that sun yellow looks a lot like black.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next