Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:22 pm 

Steering damper ?
:problem:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:41 pm 

Sure looks like it, Rick. :crazy:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:27 am 

My first post so a big hello to you all.

I must have been slacking as I have just found this site and was immediately drawn to the H2 Chopper in Horse magazine. I used to be able to get the magazine in the UK but it has disappeared lately. Pretty sure that Ja-Moo posted pictures on the British KH/S series forum. I think the steering damper is actually the suspension dampining if he has machined through the fork legs.

There are a few triple chops out there so I thought I would add a couple of pictures of my own. Its not an H2 but has a KH250 engine, Z440 front end and a Z650rear wheel. Good for about 150 miles in a day depending on how bumpy the road is!

Despite the raked fork angle it is nimble through round abouts and twisty roads, it does suffer a little on right hand ground clearance.

More info here if anyone wants it. http://kawasakikhregister.myfastforum.o ... -asc-0.php

Almost 1800 miles on it since it hit the road last July.

I'm off to investigate the rest of the site now.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:58 pm 

Welcome to the site! I really like your bike. There are not a whole lot of two stroke choppers out there, I always wanted to build one myself. I do have a spare KH motor laying around and a hacked H1 frame hmmmm.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:06 pm 

At least an original idea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:32 am 

surrealsam wrote:
Welcome to the site! I really like your bike. There are not a whole lot of two stroke choppers out there, I always wanted to build one myself. I do have a spare KH motor laying around and a hacked H1 frame hmmmm.....

Sounds like you are half way there for basic bits. My biggest single cost was welding gas as my TIG torch doesn't have a foot control and I kept pressing the go button when lining up to weld, probably used twice the gas I should have.lol.
It was never meant to be anything special, I just wanted to see if I could build a bike that passed our construction rules and maybe wind-up a few of the UK Triple owners Club. I happily failed on the wind-up as it was voted second best in the modified class at the Blackpool Rally this year which was cool as the other half got second best KH250 at the rally in 2012.