Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:17 pm 

Looney Cylinders wrote:
Your silencer outlets look blocked?? If you have the exhaust passing through some sort of gauze it will plug in short order and cause huge performance issues...

J

I'll guess Photoshop!

Nice looking bike....it reminds me of Balvo's H1.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:45 pm 

TOOMEY RACING has RZ350 silencers on thier website for $59 each that look and sound sweet! In case you were in the market..........

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:39 pm 

Dropped the needle back to the middle clip, then adjusted the AS and the idle adjustment again. The blog down low went away- pulls from idle now, but is a bit rich mid to high now. WOT bogs unless I roll on it as you stated Scott- maybe the P5's or 4's would help, will check the reference info. I don't have the stock controls and the enrichers are not cable operated...or I would try that.
The silencers outlets are not clogged or blocked- flow just fine. They are just a old funky rudimentary design which has a screen of sorts to hold the silencing material (think giant gauge SOS pad) in the tubes (only thing Photoshop is the license plate ;) ).
The Toomey silencers do look sweet, but not putting money into these pipes as they are H2 design and bought cheap and used w/ the sole purpose to get things rolling and knowing I'd have to cut them due to the hacked frame/mounting points.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:23 pm 

FWIW, I'd still be careful on having two stroke exhaust passing through any sort of gauze. If it should start to restrict flow it will likely first show up as a rich or rev limiting condition, particularly at the upper rev ranges.....

J

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:24 pm 

Took your advice.....decided to fab up some baffle inserts and convert those old "gauze" style cans to conventional style mufflers. Used a $10 piece of 1" aluminum pipe, drilled about 50 holes in each one, glass wrapped them and popped them back in. 3 hours later, we have free flowing exhaust system. Sounds great BTW!!

Image Image

Question about Needle Jet series numbers- what makes them different? I have an spare set of P4's which I was going to try out, but they are 188. The Needle Jet Application Chart says that is for 32mm flange mount carbs. Are they designed different than the 159 series which I have now- looking at them side by side/naked eye, i do not see a difference? Would they work/fit, or just scrap since I have the 34's?

**Nevermind**- the 188 takes round mains and the 159 is hex. Dangit. :thumbdown:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6