Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:12 pm 

saint barry wrote:
Would 30 or 32 flat slides work with the Yamaha reeds on a S3 ?????

somebody has 30's on their s2 so i would say probably yes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:05 pm 

project slept for awhile but might have made some headway.

going to pick these up over the weekend. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:10 pm 

Please keep us posted.
This is such a great idea and your mad fabricating skills makes me think it's just a matter of time.
Think this will save some manufacturing costs as opposed to milling from billet? :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:22 pm 

AMAZING what this 3D technology along with one's creativity can produce! Love the progress - GREAT work Mark! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:03 pm 

thanks guys. its very slow going as i don't have my own printer.. yet.
but i will sooner than later.

. and its def NOT a priority but i'll get it done. I really would prefer to use polycarbonate or better yet sintered metal printing but thats SO damn expensive its ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:51 pm 

What plastic is that?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:06 pm 

pretty sure its pvc but not 100%. like said, prototype if ok i'll test with them soon enough. might use them to make molds. .... urethane bodies would be MUCH more preferred, and they are designed to support made of that material. we shall see..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:22 pm 

timely post.. as i was talking to abuddy of mine whos a professional model maker and also into british cars. We got talking about casting and since he is trying to fabricate a mount for his Lotus, he has been dealing with the same problems..... we might make a mold out of one of these and cast them in urethane or a zinc/aluminum. not sure but it got his curiosity up and is hell bent for leather to make a mold for it together. should be interesting in the next month or so. stay tuned.
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:38 pm 

Can you change the bolt pattern to sut a CR85 Vee force or the like? Get a better flowing reed while you are at it? Very cool idea indeed. The bright color option is also a winner. RED is faster :-)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:55 pm 

thanks!
YZ85 is the same pattern. i have yz 85 v force reeds in my rd actually. :mrgreen: however, not really nec on an S2 as a stock rd cage can flow enough to get close to 65-70 crank HP on an aircooled rd motor. since the s series cyls are smaller, might not be that huge a gain. but def better depending on porting.

spoke with my buddy, he has the white protoype, its probably (99%) going to be cast. possibly urethane, possibly metal, going to try both. hes taking it to his team to look at this week and make the mold. might be sand casting it ourselves as he has experience with that directly.

fyi this is a comparison of stock rd reeds, banshee reeds and stock yz 85 reeds (tip width)

here are the yz v force reeds in the 4lo cyls, same as aricooled rd bolt pattern AND banshee/rz. theres options but considering the draft of the adapter the yz 85 is about as wide as you should be able to go. keep in mind these are bolt on with NO modifications to cyl nec.

this is really just an experiment for the s2. im sure it will work well but not as good as a modified cyl with big ass cages on the back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next