Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jim's Denco Replicas
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:31 am 

Merged a couple of threads from the old board, had to post as we need to have images of his beautiful work here.

Author: Saint Barry [ Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:35 pm ]
Post subject: Jim's beautiful S3 Denco's !!!!!!!!

How beautiful are these ?????? I know that some of you already have Jims pipes,but this is my first set and all I can say " These chambers are a beautiful piece of work".......Look at the way there were packed !!!!!! The welds are great and the pipes look just like Denco's if not better(I think even Dennis Dean would sh$t a brick if he saw these pipes) !!!!! I just got home and the pipes were waiting for me just like Jim said they would be !!!! They were packed better than any chambers I have bought,and I have bought a lot of sets of chambers. I am going to try and get them fitted but I may have to wait until after my next trip !!!!! We had a blasting of snow and ice here in Texas so the twins are out of school and we are having a blast out in the snow(although I'm still ready for our Texas Summer) !!!!!!! Big thumbs up to Jim and his work with these chambers !!!!!!!!!! Always nice to see the results of a true Professional !!!!!!!!

Author: adrenalinejim [ Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:56 pm ]
Post subject: Re: Jim's beautiful S3 Denco's !!!!!!!!

Thanks Barry, I'm glad you like them. Let's see if Mark D. notices the manufacturer and model stamping...

Author: Mopar_Tony_SF [ Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:20 pm ]

Awesome stuff.

Author: JRD [ Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:36 pm ]

I just want to point out the consistency in both the weld size and the heat marks. The even heat marks show a steady hand and a steady weld while welding. Just that in inself is a sign of quality work. The fitment is top shelf too.

VERY nice work

Author: jim-k [ Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:19 pm ]
Post subject: Re: Got a chance to fit Jim's S3 Dencos today !!!!!!!

Thanks Jim PM sent. For other board members, Jim continues to surprise me with his rapid responses and support well beyond my expectations. Even with his large backlog, he still finds time to discuss in detail aspects of fitment. So rare these days to find fabricators with the attention to detail and customer service he has demonstrated. Know this, if you want a quality product backed by engineering expertise, he is unique. Thanks Jim

Author: m in sc [ Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:42 pm ]
Post subject: Re: Got a chance to fit Jim's S3 Dencos today !!!!!!!

love the S2 pipes i have...

Post subject: Re: Jim's Denco Replicas
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:31 pm 

Is Jim on this board? I just migrated to this one and have not been able to find any reference to his work other than this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:37 pm 

Hi GD. :-)

I have been downplaying the marketing of my chambers while trying to get the waiting list a little more reasonable in size. I'm still adding names as requested though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:59 pm 

Jim wrote:

I have been downplaying the marketing of my chambers while trying to get the waiting list a little more reasonable in size. I'm still adding names as requested though.

Jim, have you ever thought of having the cones rolled by an outside company? There is a guy on the rd board that makes pipes, he used to roll his own(lol) but now has them done like this. I am not sure what you factor your labor in at on the cost of pipes, and don't really want to know either because it probably isn't enough, but it may be cost effective to have them done outside. Here is the company that he uses http://www.coneeng.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

oxford wrote:
Jim wrote:

Jim, have you ever thought of having the cones rolled by an outside company? There is a guy on the rd board that makes pipes, he used to roll his own(lol) but now has them done like this. I am not sure what you factor your labor in at on the cost of pipes, and don't really want to know either because it probably isn't enough, but it may be cost effective to have them done outside. Here is the company that he uses http://www.coneeng.com/

Jim will probably tell you, it's the welding that is time consuming........

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:30 pm 

Yes, and Yes. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:33 am 

JayDav wrote:
Anyone one who has met Jim will tell you, he has been rolling his own for a long long time! :o ;) :thumbup:

That explains alot! :shifty: :e11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:57 am 
Site Admin

HHHmmmm, I didn't want to say anything, but one of the pipes he built for me smelled very "herbal" when I started the bike up........... :eh: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:33 pm 

What does "herbal" smell like??? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

Mikepdutton wrote:
What does "herbal" smell like??? :roll:

burning parsley............... 8-)