Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:42 pm 

Nice to see it back all new again..........Beautiful bike !!!!!!! Did you ride it over the tracks again yet ???????

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:47 am 

still raining here Barry...

haven't ridden it yet. The tracks are less than two miles from my house, so its inevitable they will be ridden across right off the bat. Ive crossed them plenty of times since on my H2 (and cough, cough..honda).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:39 am 
Site Admin

scrambler73 wrote:
still raining here Barry...

haven't ridden it yet. The tracks are less than two miles from my house, so its inevitable they will be ridden across right off the bat. Ive crossed them plenty of times since on my H2 (and cough, cough..honda).

Set up a video cam when you do ride the tracgon again............. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:08 am 

Hahahaha that's just wrong. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:06 pm 

Nice recovery Cody, missed you at the Gap.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:12 am 

Went to a "First Thursday" bike night here in Minneapolis last night. HUGE turnout and the red paint seemed to draw people like flies even though the bike was hidden in a corner of the parking lot under the shade of some big Ash trees.
I heard 2 stories of "buddies getting killed" and its always fun sitting back and listening in on conversations of "experts" talking about 5th gear wheelies and how the H1 is faster than a GSXR1000.. :lol:

There were a couple other bikes that had some Denco parts... This CBX rolled in.

Man these things sound just NASTY with the 6 into 6 exhaust. Talked to the owner a bit and it turns out he is in the process of building a '75 H1. 8-)

On the way home, the bike passed the 200 mile threshold and is running well. Before I left, I had retarded the timing a bit to see if that would help kill the WOT pinging.....It did.
Lost a bit of low end grunt in the process, but its manageable. Ive got to say this is a SMOOOOOOOOTH riding bike. Cudos to Dave Singleton for the crank work and my machinist, Wally for machine work. And kudos to me for using rubbermounted cases! :wave:
The last 15 mile stretch I held it at 80mph and the engine loved it. My H2 also runs best between 80-90mph. Too bad the speedlimit is what it is.

I was hoping to dragrace a stock H2 last night (Mark in Ogilvie) to see how this H1 stacks up, but had to leave before we got the chance. The bike doesn't feel super "quick", but it may just be cause Im used to riding the H2?

A bit of maintenence is in order.... A bit of a weep on the center headgasket and the chain needs tightening. Other than that, Im pretty happy with how this thing turned out.

and yes, I crossed about 15 sets of railroad tracks with it to and from mpls.. :e11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:33 am 

nice Denco 6 exhauts CBX (can't beleive I wrote this :P :? :twisted: )
Hope you did a wheelie on 5th gear on the way back Cody as we all do usally :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:20 pm 

Thanks Cody; great stories and photos.
One day, I'm going to find an H sereis that is as fast as what the non-owners remember them to be :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:38 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
H2RTuner wrote:

How much work did the S series chassis need for the H1 engine? I'm thinking doing a well braced KH400 chassis with a nice, utility 130/140 horse H2 engine, just something for street, nothing fancy.

It's a early H1 chassis Dave, and the H2/S2 has been done a few times, ruins the bike.

A kh400 chassis is quite a bit different to an s2 chassis.The kh has a longer swing arm and a heavily gusseted headstock... so maybe not such a ridiculous suggestion :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

kas750 wrote:

A kh400 chassis is quite a bit different to an s2 chassis.The kh has a longer swing arm and a heavily gusseted headstock... so maybe not such a ridiculous suggestion :thumbup:

The biggest problem is the mass of the 750 crank, big gyroscope for the S bikes. Give it a try...... :wtf:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next