Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:34 am 

Ja-Moo wrote:
sawracer wrote:
Man, I'm beside myself that I own one. Permanent modification turns my stomach! I would have to have a different junk frame to play with. But if I put many more miles on it, it will probably crack and become junk.

My motto is "stock is a crock"...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amen to that John! Its a sickness Moo, when i tore into my brand-new CRF250 it had 2 hours on it. My dad stopped over to see the new scoot when he saw it all torn apart he gave me that dad look like i was still the 5 year old who left his fav baseball glove in the yard for him to run over with the mower!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:44 am 

Speaking of rubber mounting, can you guys please enlighten me as to what case part number and or model designation letter delineates the change in case lug design? looking for clarification when speaking of older style cases vs newer style cases. Approximately what case serial part number correlates with the change to beefier style lug that can tolerate being drilled. Thanks all

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:07 am 

H2B/C cases can be rubber mounted

You need to redrill the oilways where the base gaskets are on the top of the cases as these are blanked off, that's if you're using a 3 way pump and 72/73 barrels

Gary T

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:42 am 

scouse wrote:
H2B/C cases can be rubber mounted

You need to redrill the oilways where the base gaskets are on the top of the cases as these are blanked off, that's if you're using a 3 way pump and 72/73 barrels

Gary T

Thank you Gary!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:00 pm 

Sorry to bring up an old topic but I'm also looking to rubber mount the frame on my early '73 H2 case. I've looked at the images on the resource page but find the instructions a bit lacking and am still a bit cloudy on the exact procedure being new to this. If anybody could break it down it a bit more for me or include more images I'd greatly appreciate it. Feel free to DM me if needed! :thumbup:

Last edited by Rigfennid on Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:23 pm 

rubber mounted H2B cases...

Attachment:
engine USD on bench.JPG

Attachment:
engine with flatsldes.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:30 pm 

Thank you for the reply but I have an early '73 case so I'll have to do the frame mod instead.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:31 pm 

Though seemingly rare, keep your eyes open for NOS "replacement" H2b/c cases that are unstamped.

I recently acquired an NOS set of H1 rubber mount cases that I plan to install in my 69 H1 project (when I get to this bike...), and either stamp the original engine no.s, or more likely just leave blank.

Last edited by kawi3cyl on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:26 am 

Thats what these are...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:08 am 

Rubbadub wrote:
Thats what these are...

My apologies. I thought that was the drilled case method used on B/C styles cases.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next