Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:42 am 

Wow! Thanks Carlos.. :shock:
High Praise coming from the guy who quite likely has built (or is building) the NICEST H2 "special" in the world. 8-) 8-) 8-)
I REALLY appreciate it!!!!!!

Speaking of your H2?.....any new photos or news?

as to video.. I put some crappy cell vids up in General Chat as I am now trying to work through the electrical gremlins. (getting digital/GPS gauge to function properly with these vintage CDI systems)

I'll be sure to shoot a nice vid once it is up and running properly.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:23 pm 

Thanks Scrambler.., I’ve seen many better builds than mine, maybe I was only lucky choosing a color scheme that people like :o
By the end of 2012 I was happy thinking that I would finally finish that work; only a few things missing, like final touch up on the check valves/oil system, seat, side stand and kick starter.., but again my small self-owned company started asking 16 hours/day attention+ the new house construction and family.., and once again the project went stopped.
I can’t wait to get it finished and ride it, but time is major problem.
Do you have links to the vids you made?
Rgds.,
Carlos

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:40 pm 

Simply amazing :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:10 pm 

Theory was correct....The pipes are S3/KH400, and just DO NOT WORK on this engine! (Stock port H1 w/VM30's).

I believe this is the last Drivability Gremlin aside from some final tuning....Phew.

The only set of chambers I had that "sorta" fit this frame/swingarm was a set of rusty/crappy H2 Dencos. H1 dencos do not fit (center pipe hits frame and swingarm).

I know that H2 Dencos work fine on an H1 engine so I bungeed a set to the frame and VOILA!!! The bike got on the pipe and tried to punch me in the face with the handlebars. :thumbup: :thumbup: 8-)

This is good and bad news. Good News is I now know the bike runs great and will pull clean through the rev range... The Bad News is that I can't ride it until I get a set of pipes! :thumbdown:

Some pics of the quality mounting.

Soooooooooooooo......Anybody interested in the Protopipe 400 Chambers? (Minus Silencers)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:54 pm 

scrambler73 wrote:
......Anybody interested in the Protopipe 400 Chambers? (Minus Silencers)

Hmmm, INTEREST! :mrgreen: How much fab would be needed to make them fit a 400 again?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:38 pm 

ThreePipesSmokin wrote:
scrambler73 wrote:
......Anybody interested in the Protopipe 400 Chambers? (Minus Silencers)

Hmmm, INTEREST! :mrgreen: How much fab would be needed to make them fit a 400 again?

These pipe hangers were welded to meet up with the "custom" rearset mounts on this frame... So you'll either have to cut the hangers off and re-weld where needed?, or you might get by with some additional adapter brackets?

As far as headpipe diameter... 400, 500, and 750's all share the same manifold...so they are a "bolt-on".

That said, the headpipe angle is slightly different between a 400 and H-Series, although I have (and others as well) have successfully mounted H1 chambers to a 400 without drama. I think it is only a degree or two, so that can be adjusted out in the rear hangers.... There is plenty of movement and room as these are not "FAT" pipes. They are slightly larger (belly diameter) than Denco R/R chambers.

The protopipes have tapered headpipes as well.... special bonus.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:10 am 

Doesn't it feel great when you finally nail a problem?! I spent months trying to figure out why my Morini 3 1/2 Sport with VM28 Mikuni's was running unbelievably lean on full throttle. I eventually found a chart that mentioned the air correction jet affecting full throttle. I went to check what size I had, yep, no jets in the passageways...

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:00 pm 

Walms wrote:
A bit late but a non modified 400 kicker tucks in nice on the H1 motor.

Walms..... I'm looking for an early H1 kicker. Been running dirt bike kickers for a while. Which 400 are your referring to? KZ? RD?

Rich

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:23 pm 

I'm using a KH400 kicker unmodified on a H1 motor.
It does have a slight interference or at least rubs against the case slightly with vibrations.
I've noticed a slight wear patch on the cases over the years, just so you know.

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:31 pm 

Very cool Cody. I like it a lot. The Harley wrinkle paint is good for sticking on BTW. Maybe Leo can help with some 500 pipes for a S frame? Pretty sure he has some on one of his. Congratulations sir.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next