Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:52 pm 

fyi.. an rd lc mono swingarm is pretty much a bolt into in an s series frame. i think the weight savings is around 4 lbs and the swingarm comes braced already. before you send er out to powdercoat.... just sayin....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:26 pm 

m in sc wrote:
fyi.. an rd lc mono swingarm is pretty much a bolt into in an s series frame. i think the weight savings is around 4 lbs and the swingarm comes braced already. before you send er out to powdercoat.... just sayin....

Same width exactly? Do you know about pivot diameter and length (pivot to center of axle slot)????

all that said, aren't they a bit of rocking horse dung in the good ol' U, S, of, A?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:35 pm 

a tad longer, pivot dia the same, a hair narrower at the pivot but can be shimmed in. I have one in the shed, can take measurements. they do come up. i got mine from this guy for 50 bucks.

check ebay canada

http://www.usa2strokers.com/forum/forum ... f-for-sale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:45 pm 

I love Mini-Coils!

Bent the original upper air cleaner mount to vertical and ground in 3 "u-grooves" on top of the bracket for the coils to sit in.... Bolted them right into the existing holes!!!!!

Couldn't ask for a better spot and the first thing so far I didn't scratch my head forever trying to figure out where they were going........ looks almost factory.. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:50 pm 

m in sc wrote:
a tad longer, pivot dia the same, a hair narrower at the pivot but can be shimmed in. I have one in the shed, can take measurements. they do come up. i got mine from this guy for 50 bucks.

check ebay canada

http://www.usa2strokers.com/forum/forum ... f-for-sale

thanks Mark...

One more important measurement if you dont mind!! The inside bore-diameter of the pivot tube.

I already drilled this frame to accept an H1 swingarm pivot bolt as the additional engine mount brackets required a longer pivot bolt... Instead of searching for a long enough replacement, I just drilled the holes as I have a plethora of H1 parts.

Sooooo. This also required me to install H1 swingarm bushings, and slightly narrowed inner spacer into the S-3 Swingarm. Ive already done all this work, so if I were able to just use H-series bushings in the RDLC swingarm, I would be golden...

If it turned out the RDLC pivot tube is of a different diameter, them Im sorta stuck and will just have to carry on bracing the existing arm.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:29 pm 

16mm methinks its too late....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:34 pm 

m in sc wrote:
16mm methinks its too late....

no!!!....the actual ID of the swinger tube (where the bushings are pressed into).. Not the axle diameter.

If the RDLC pivot tube has the same I.D., I can use H1/H2 swinger bushings and all associated parts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:48 pm 

ah. its the same as an s2 or s3 arm, that much i know. 28mm.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 pm 

m in sc wrote:
ah. its the same as an s2 or s3 arm, that much i know. 28mm.

cool...cause the S-series is the same as the H!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:55 pm 

call me and i can give some dimensions. im in the shop

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next