Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: H2 MONSTER ENGINE BUILD
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:24 pm 
Hi all
What do you think of this H2 motor i meet joe tonight he live about 30 mins from me and did not know it.

http://rpmmfg.com/1972H2Monster.aspx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

Pass.........

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:51 pm 

Maybe the hot ticket for hill climbing but there are better ways to build performance for the $$ IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:07 pm 

There are some things about that article that don't add up...like a three into one after doing $10k in engine mods? Whatchu talkin bout Willis !!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:15 pm 

And the "fireing" of the right cylinder first to eliminate most of the crank stress. That's an alarm that says "we have no idea what we're doing".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

They did widen the transfers, but take into account they weren't big enough for a 750 and the liner thickness, and you have a bad area imbalance. Then there are the reed boxes with the reed tips too far away from the pistons...... :wtf:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:33 pm 

They mention "...if you look close you can see our altered degrees of rotation between firing." It looks like the crank is 90-90-180 instead of the usual 120-120-120 degrees. That should be "interesting".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:28 pm 

The crank IS phased differently, and, not the way to do it.

If it were me, and I have been in the process of doing this for a few years now, I'd have built a billet case set, two full, 120 degree phased crankshafts and top ends, liqiiod cooled, V6, raised clutch mounting, with transmission shafts one on top of the other, and a very strong and beefy 6 speed transmission from some sort of 4 stroke, like a GPZ900R, or other truck type design. I'd phaze the cranks/ignition to fire two cylinders at the same time, as most of the race twin crankshaft V4's did in the past. This way, the cranks could be geared to couter rotate from each other, torque cancelling each other's primary forces in the cases.

Just something mundane and sedate, for the street.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:17 pm 

Jim wrote:
And the "fireing" of the right cylinder first to eliminate most of the crank stress. That's an alarm that says "we have no idea what we're doing".

I can't agree more Jim. They seem to be offering modifications that I doubt will add much in the way of performance. Like John says, those reed tips will be miles away from the piston.

The only thing I see that would make more power is if the crank really is "stroked" and not just got longer rods in. Perhaps the crank pin holes are remachined offset and to a larger diameter to suit the new crank pins?

I would love to see what the motor makes on a dyno, especially with a 3 into 1 chamber.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:33 am 

Jim wrote:
They mention "...if you look close you can see our altered degrees of rotation between firing." It looks like the crank is 90-90-180 instead of the usual 120-120-120 degrees. That should be "interesting".

I gotta be missing something here... How the heck could the crank be balanced without an external counterbalance and what possible benefit even if balance weren't an issue???

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/