Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: New WTF pipes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:35 pm 

Im not sure how the newer ones are but this one is TIGHT! Im 6-3ish and 300lbs I cannot shift, steer, and brake at the same time, and the top needs to be down. If its up I have to sit with my head tilted because I can't slouch in the seat its to tight.
Both my son and my daughter can drift that thing like pros! I had to take it away from my son for several months last year he was going to get killed!! He hit a curb hard enough to bust the passengers side front wheel off! luckily no other major damage but that set him back over 1000 bucks and a favor from my mechanic neighbor (I hate working on cars)
My daughter is 22 and it is her car so all I can do is yell at her.
It is more like a go-kart than a car and they are zippy!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:06 am 

demus wrote:
Im not sure how the newer ones are but this one is TIGHT! Im 6-3ish and 300lbs I cannot shift, steer, and brake at the same time, and the top needs to be down. If its up I have to sit with my head tilted because I can't slouch in the seat its to tight.
Both my son and my daughter can drift that thing like pros! I had to take it away from my son for several months last year he was going to get killed!! He hit a curb hard enough to bust the passengers side front wheel off! luckily no other major damage but that set him back over 1000 bucks and a favor from my mechanic neighbor (I hate working on cars)
My daughter is 22 and it is her car so all I can do is yell at her.
It is more like a go-kart than a car and they are zippy!

HA !!!

6' 3" @ 300#'s.......Miata is not for you !!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:20 am 

CeraKote black on the new pipes!
I have a few more things to do before mounting and testing , but it sure will look snazzy! (can you tell I'm board...NO work! NO money)
ImageUntitled by Joe Herriges, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:58 am 
Site Admin

I like that! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:33 pm 

Miata, nice car, too small for me, but I helped develop the kits Jackson Racing built for the stock engines to boost power, and even built a couple of Monster Miata's, one with a 302W, the other with a 351W, out to 410 cu/in. Fun cars.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:08 pm 

They look nice Joe and Andrew. I'll be awaiting your performance report.

Last edited by Jim on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:51 am 

It seems I take one step forward with this project and two steps back. There has been more stuff getting in the way of completing this its ridiculous.

Even now , we have no work with the virus, so you would think I would have time (does anyone know anyone with it? We are pretty isolated here and they still locked us down and I haven't meet one person who even know a person with it ) But now because of it all I have been consumed with trying to figure out how to keep the business open, we have been deemed essentially unessential UNLESS we are doing something non cosmetic and essential ..UHG!
We have petitioned the Governor to get us on the essential list but its a job by job deal (we think, we are unsure, its all a MESS!!)
Although most are disregarding the order Im not the kind of guy who just disregards stuff too quickly. It can lead to bigger trouble than you think!!
Anyway all that to say my mind is on other things and when I do work on the H2 I am so distracted it took me THREE times to get all the parts in the right place for the shock and swingarwm THREE times on and off on and off on and off!!! ( I also drove west the other day for over 30 miles before I realized it ...I was supposed to have gotten on the interstate going east!!!! I have issues right now LOL!!!)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:09 am 
Site Admin

;) ;) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XcKBmdfpWs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:30 pm 

demus wrote:
It seems I take one step forward with this project and two steps back. There has been more stuff getting in the way of completing this its ridiculous.

Even now , we have no work with the virus, so you would think I would have time (does anyone know anyone with it? We are pretty isolated here and they still locked us down and I haven't meet one person who even know a person with it ) But now because of it all I have been consumed with trying to figure out how to keep the business open, we have been deemed essentially unessential UNLESS we are doing something non cosmetic and essential ..UHG!
We have petitioned the Governor to get us on the essential list but its a job by job deal (we think, we are unsure, its all a MESS!!)
Although most are disregarding the order Im not the kind of guy who just disregards stuff too quickly. It can lead to bigger trouble than you think!!
Anyway all that to say my mind is on other things and when I do work on the H2 I am so distracted it took me THREE times to get all the parts in the right place for the shock and swingarwm THREE times on and off on and off on and off!!! ( I also drove west the other day for over 30 miles before I realized it ...I was supposed to have gotten on the interstate going east!!!! I have issues right now LOL!!!)

Well this crap is real, I consider myself lucky, let me explain, Im a drayman, I work for an independent wholesalers and we also have a cash and carry
One guy I know turns up at our depot, we have a chat, he buys his beer and goes, 3 days later he has covid-19!!
He is flat on his back for a week and struggling to breath.
I have caught up with him around 1 month later. He is on his feet but still has slight issues with his breathing.
Stay safe everyone
Gary T

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:32 pm 

Agreed! Be safe.
Its just so crazy..... We are isolated to some extent where I am. And the couple jobs I have going they are asking us to be there :? , and I think we should be shut down at this point. Tomorrow we are having a meeting to decide what to do. I not only have a responsibility to my clients but to my employees.

The worst part is the city where my pipes where done is the second highest infections in the state!! The guy who did them was leaving, shutting down and going up to his cabin for the next few weeks. When I talked to him he wasn't going to finish them till he got back. (He had screwed up the first coat and missed a couple areas so he had to redo them.) I said F' it I'm coming to get them whether there done or not and he managed to finish them before he left that Friday. Im hoping mass painting fumes kill the virus, your eyes water walking Ito the place :shock:
I only touched the edge of the pipes and then took a rag full of bleach and wiped my hands, my door handles and steering wheel! I left the pipes on the hood of the Miata for week!