Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:54 am 

I'm interested in this and would like to learn who has done what; headlight mounting ears, control cables, etc. Any advice would be appreciated. Pictures welcome!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:35 pm 

Rigging up clip ons on a 74H2. So far I have used the 72H2 mounting brackets for the turn signals and it will give you a lot of options. The motion pro throttle replacement cable works perfectly. You will prob need custom brake lines and I went with Galfer. I went with the stock splitter so the bar end line is really short. You can bypass the splitter if you use a modern master cylinder with the brake light connection in the master and single brake line then. The motion pro clutch cable also seems to be ok maybe a little long but doable. If you go with a fairing, you will have to make mods to fit the turn signal relocation but no big deal. The clip ons seem to have enough room to handle all the stock bar controls and room for the brackets on the front fairing. Not sure what brand I have but pretty sure they came from Z1 parts. These are true clip ons not just a café single bar. With no fairing, you can mount the signals to the headlight bucket. These bars are nice quality and have many adjustments that you can do. They also look Superbad!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:59 pm 

My street H2R had them for years before it was stolen. It takes getting used to, and if you are an older person, and/or physically compromised, it can get uncomfortable. Remember that support for a lot of upper body weight will come from the arms and hands, not all from back muscles.

These days, I go for a flat bar in the stock mounts, or a slight rise, 1 to 2 inches.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:35 am 

I occasionally do some land speed racing with this bike. The flat bar I'm running now keeps my elbows out in the breeze and it affects the handling at higher speeds. (I also experienced this with my drag bike, a converted GT550 and clip-ons fixed it.) Yeah, it'll be a bit more uncomfortable but I don't ride this for hours on end most of the time. I'm beginning to think that I'll just have to dive in and figure it out as I go along.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:48 pm 

They'll work just fine for you for what you intend to do.