Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:31 pm 

Jim, like John says, my 500 is NOT reeded.. And it does not have the low-end grunt of one of John's reeded 500 engines. (I could never take a die-grinder to a Denco top end.... sue me :lol: )

It is however, surprisingly rideable at low rpms with the addition of the intake runners (I think they were from a polaris snowmobile of some sort....cant remember exactly)

MUCH better than just clamping a set of Pod filters on and letting her rip.... This is on the 75HP spec Denco porting (which is really pretty mild).

My H2 is where I noticed the biggest "rideability" difference. It probably doesn't make the bike any faster, but holy crap its soooooo much nicer to ride.

Im done experimenting with both of them. Some day maybe I'll strap them on a dyno, but they both run so well.. and I know are faster than stock H1/H2's that its not that big a deal.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:53 pm 

scrambler73 wrote:
...My H2 is where I noticed the biggest "rideability" difference. It probably doesn't make the bike any faster, but holy crap its soooooo much nicer to ride.
Im done experimenting with both of them. Some day maybe I'll strap them on a dyno, but they both run so well.. and I know are faster than stock H1/H2's that its not that big a deal.

Thanks for that Cody,
Only have about 50 miles on this mod and it seems really good; the hit may be less but the bike just feels like it's getting down the road more quickly but without all the drama.
OK, I sometimes miss this hit when the heathen mood strikes, but it is easier to ride in traffic as well as play racing in the twisties with more control.

Surprised more H2 riders haven't been experimenting with this.
Ranks up there with the EX500 caliper and Sytec mods in my book but much less time and money :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:34 pm 

I did something similar on my H2 years ago (made from electrical grade PVC) and it added to the mid-range per my seat of the pants dyno. I'd be curious seeing dyno data too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:26 am 

Jim wrote:
I was planing to try it, but am going to play with some weed instead.

Play with what??? OH Jim in the woods. :wave:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:30 am 

Frank wrote:
I did something similar on my H2 years ago (made from electrical grade PVC) and it added to the mid-range per my seat of the pants dyno. I'd be curious seeing dyno data too.

Rolland on the Canadian site made his runners out of rad hoses with the appropriate bends. He has an amazingly quick 400.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:16 am 

Iron wrote:
Jim wrote:
I was planing to try it, but am going to play with some weed instead.

Play with what??? OH Jim in the woods. :wave:

Iron, you clearly changed my post from "reeds" to "weed". Here in NC, if your reeds weigh less than 1-1/2 oz., it's only a misdemeanor.

--- Jim in the woods

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:26 am 

Zambia wrote:
He has an amazingly quick 400.

+1
They look very similar to the stock intake tubes but bigger diameter plus a big K&N filter in the stock airbox...
Roland is running the pipes and carbs that I had on my 400 with UNI's, no jetting changes were required with his setup either, which means it flows pretty darn good IMO! With the stock tubes, I doubt he'd be able to jet as rich.

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/