Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:34 pm 

H2RTuner wrote:
. Just remember, this is a hobby, and....FUN (even if it frustrates the daylights out of you in the beginning!

THAT is the truth...one must remember theses really are just for FUN!

And DGA can't speak for anyone but myself but thats why I am here, to get advice and maybe, just maybe, help a little.
Remember the old days where getting info or parts or anything was the biggest challenge , now its the opposite need to "wade" through all the info.
I actually trust most triple guys a lot, alway good helpful advice.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:28 am 

I extended this offer to Walms a while back too... email or phone me if you want some tips. I can't promise they'll help, but they might. The phone might be better.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:24 am 

Thanks Jim. Might take you up on it , although I just finished the last pipe last night just need to stingers , cans and mounting tabs

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:07 am 

Is this set up for mounting , hanging the lower off the upper OK??? Or should I add a helper bracket from the lower all the way back to the frame on the backside ??

ImageUntitled by Joe Herriges, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:28 am 
Site Admin

Looks good to me. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:53 am 

I think that's how Lomas pipes mount, one connects to the other.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:00 pm 

Jollymoto as well.
Looking good Joe!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:27 am 

Thanks for the feed back!
Im so close to done and now the next couple days are shot and I will only have 1 night next week to work on it and next weekend is out too!!!
I really should tell everyone at work I have appointments all day monday so dont call me unless its an emergency and leave work about 10am after everyone is set up and everyone is working and finish this thing… I am the boss, thats what they say anyway, although it sure dont feel like it most days!
I think that might have to be my plan, it could work :think: :problem:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:49 am 
Site Admin

DO IT! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:57 am 

Some may have seen I posted the first start with the new intakes on and the new exhaust in Pic and Video
The Intake rubbers are the Harley compensator boots, which I immediately stole the idea from soflh2b after he posted how he did it.

I am having some carb vibration with the new boots the boots are not as ridged as the original H2 boots so I connected the carbs with a piece of threaded rod along the top to hold them together.
The vibration does not appear to affect the carbs whie driving at least I haven't noticed yet on the short runs I have taken on it so far.
Besides foaming the fuel and possible over flow if the floats bounce to much I am imagining some serious wear issues at the jet needle, the seat, the float and the float tangs….
I do have the vm's with the separate floats so I imagine that helps a bit as far as fuel height.
I have some thoughts but am wondering how much is too much?

The Ram Air filters are flopping more than the carb, I will be taking it for a longer run tonight to start to sort through the jetting.
Take a look at the video and watch the carbs, I know the quality sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LljOpPrtWTg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next