Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

4cyl h2 wrote:
U know the specs? O ring and groove

Jim can chime in. I did one set of heads for a customer but didn't keep the specs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:05 pm 

Did u ever see them or know how they started the tringle. When I built the 180 4 1000 I couldn't kick start it It would go through the first two pistons then stop like a rock on the second two even with the ignition off And god help if ign was on and it kicked back finally installed compression releases in two cylinders and starting now is not bad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:17 am 

4cyl h2 wrote:
U know the specs? O ring and groove

Here's an on-line calculator
https://oringcalculator.eriksgroup.com

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:44 pm 

Three of us pushed it, and added our weight to the rear of the chassis, and, we did TDC it before we lit it off. It is best to start any engine with at least one piston at TDC, even a street engine. I have a hopped up Yamaha SR500 single, big bore, stroker, and I HAVE to TDC it to get it to start, or, it backfires me, tries to launch me right over the bars. Now, hopped up, it is a lot more finiky, than when it was just a stock SR500 engine, but it had to be TDC'd stock as well.

We did that to the TZ's, 250, 350, 500, 700, 750, Al's Aprilia RS250 twin, all my triples, twins, singles, fours, just works better, and doesn't try to fracture your leg doing it.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:39 am 

Have heard about these being done how'd it run? Did it vibrate anymore than a 120 degre h2

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:24 pm 

Vibration, OH YEAH, it vibrated, very well. ONLY bike myself, and some very famous persons also ride that vibrated worse, was Chuck Campbell's TM400 Suzuki that was converted to a road racer. We used to ride it, and other bikes in AFM races in So. Cal. and, we all used to get lost, real quick when Chuck came around seeking idiots to ride it. Only bike that could put both feet and hands to sleep in one lap, then, hurt them. We used to beg the heavens for some sort of incident to stop races early, rain, snow in August, wild boar loose on track, earthquake, name it, we begged for it to happen. A six lapper at Riverside, was full-on torture. He owned Campbell Cycle Works in Whittier, California, and had NO idea as to how to balance a crankshaft. Bars and pegs were all steel, mounted direct, no rubber to isolate stuff. We used to go to the prize fight guys to get mouth protectors, so our teeth wouldn't fall out while riding that nightmare.