Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:59 pm 

Anybody tried these Chrome only...no reflector shocks from Z1 parts?
https://z1parts.net/h1-500-rear-shocks- ... eflectors/

They say they are OEM quality. At $85, I understand that means they probably aren't that great, but the originals were good enough for me in 1974! :lol:

Anyone have any suggestions or experience on what they've used to replace their old OEM shocks?

It appears that Hagons would be close to the $300 level. RaceTechs...closer to $400?
4 dog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:15 pm 

4 Dog knight wrote:
Anybody tried these Chrome only...no reflector shocks from Z1 parts?
https://z1parts.net/h1-500-rear-shocks- ... eflectors/

They say they are OEM quality. At $85, I understand that means they probably aren't that great, but the originals were good enough for me in 1974! :lol:

Anyone have any suggestions or experience on what they've used to replace their old OEM shocks?

It appears that Hagons would be close to the $300 level. RaceTechs...closer to $400?
4 dog

I have the H2 version of these shocks(same manufacturer) seem good to me and the quality seems excellent too, of course you can't compare them to Hagon, I mean they are a basic standard shock, where as the Hagon is a performance shock.

$300 is bloody cheap, that same shock for us locally is $600 plus :banghead

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:37 pm 

Baz,
The Z1 internet page isn't very clear on their model info, specifically, if they are priced and sold as eaches or a pair. I finally found the time to call them and they confirmed that they are sold and priced as a pair! For $85, no less...plus shipping of $21, for a $106 total cost for the pair! I opted for the model without the reflectors, as my Dunstall fairing has reflectors on the fairing itself. They appear to be 1/4" longer C to C than the model that states it is a direct OEM replacement.

So THANKS for your input. I pulled the trigger on them. So far my wife hasn't asked about all the packages that continue to flow in the door as I accumulate all the seals, gaskets, pistons, etc. etc. I need to put my little S3 back on the road after 40 yrs! Anybody have a source for OEM quality .5 OS rings?
4 Dog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:12 pm 

4 Dog knight wrote:
Baz,
The Z1 internet page isn't very clear on their model info, specifically, if they are priced and sold as eaches or a pair. I finally found the time to call them and they confirmed that they are sold and priced as a pair! For $85, no less...plus shipping of $21, for a $106 total cost for the pair! I opted for the model without the reflectors, as my Dunstall fairing has reflectors on the fairing itself. They appear to be 1/4" longer C to C than the model that states it is a direct OEM replacement.

So THANKS for your input. I pulled the trigger on them. So far my wife hasn't asked about all the packages that continue to flow in the door as I accumulate all the seals, gaskets, pistons, etc. etc. I need to put my little S3 back on the road after 40 yrs! Anybody have a source for OEM quality .5 OS rings?
4 Dog

You know what they say!! "better to ask forgiveness than permission" :mrgreen:

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:44 pm 

Baz...and anybody else,
I received the shocks today. Packed well, arrived in 3 days in perfect shape and they look good. I posted this info over in the Vendor area because I think Z1 Parts is offering an affordable option and ships FAST!
Thanks all!

P.S. Baz-Are they REALLY $300 in Oz? Yeeyow!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:10 pm 

4 Dog knight wrote:
Baz...and anybody else,
I received the shocks today. Packed well, arrived in 3 days in perfect shape and they look good. I posted this info over in the Vendor area because I think Z1 Parts is offering an affordable option and ships FAST!
Thanks all!

P.S. Baz-Are they REALLY $300 in Oz? Yeeyow!

Here ya go Koni(Ikon) on special.

http://www.z1spares.com.au/online-shop#!/Kawasaki-Z1-900-Z900-Z1000-IKON-KONI-shock-absorber/p/54927211

I looked up Hagon and the shocks for my H2 are $320, cheaper than I thought, it's Ikon that are expensive.

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:14 pm 

Ikon actually make a custom design shock, you can order the length you want, weight, springs , etc. They were about 320 AUD Last I looked. Looked like a solid item.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:31 pm 

Thanks guys for the link and the info. I'm going to give these $85 shocks that are supposed to be as good as OEM...a try. Nothing ventured nothing gained I guess?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:57 pm 

They are probably O.K. The originals were under-damped, so if they don't bounce and the bike doesn't wallow, you are in front. Don't forget to report back on what you find!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:01 pm 

RODH2 wrote:
Ikon actually make a custom design shock, you can order the length you want, weight, springs , etc. They were about 320 AUD Last I looked. Looked like a solid item.

I could only find these, a Ikon basix shock off the shelf;

Kawasaki S-1/S-2/S-3/H-2/H2B 72-75 Part No 76-3010 and 76 3009 with heavier spring $319

OR

7610-1348 IKON Rear Shock Absorber and Spring assemblies. One Pair.
Max Length 12.80″ Min 10.31″ Center of Eye to Eye.
$550.00–$660.00 this is the only one that gives you a choice length and style, but the shock has 4 way adjustable damping and 3 position preload.

I couldn't find this 7610-1348SP1 on their website, not available anymore.

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW