Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

We all Tony has a memory that is simply amazing, and he says none while he was there. So there could have been some after he left possibly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:57 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
We all Tony has a memory that is simply amazing, and he says none while he was there. So there could have been some after he left possibly.

I guess that would make sense that the R/R pipes were built/sold after Tony started Hot Bike/TNT.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:01 am 

"Denco RR" on a Norwegian H2, and a pic taken last season I really like. Same H2, my H2, and club members Bimota KR and RG500

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:38 am 

Interesting swing-arm on that bike. :think:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:40 am 

Tom A. KB1 :?:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:56 am 

RODH2 wrote:
Interesting swing-arm on that bike. :think:

JMC swinger. VERY nice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:12 am 

Like another set I saw, those Denco chambers look like standard street chambers, but with an angle at the front of the center section. Does that weld look exactly like the others?

Also, and please correct me if I'm wrong, it looks like that weld is still the low place... the one that drags first in a turn, so the upward angle at the rear does not add cornering clearance.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:29 am 

No, the cornering distance is a bit less trhan stock Denco, as the outer pipe is mounted a bit more outwards (clears the lower frame by about 1 inch) on the "denco rr" pipes. That is done so you can upward center section as well, without hitting the outer right pipe, or the right center stand hinge point.

So, every angle is different than stock Denco. But the rear mountings etc, is identical to Denco style, except from the length of the mounting tabs off course

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:39 am 

Thanks for that. But in photos it really looks like not every angle is different, I think. It looks like the top of the center section and baffle cone are in a straight line, like you could lay a ruler on the top of the two and it would lie flat on those parts. It also looks like the angle between the two diffuser cones is the same, or very nearly the same as street Dencos. And I have to wonder why chambers made for road racing would be made with less cornering clearance than standard street chambers.

How do the bottom longitudinal welds line up?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:51 am 

Yes, you are correct.....BUT, the outward angle in the weld between header and first cone is different. It is pointed a tad more outwards on at least the right pipe, so the center section of right pipe is more outward from frame, giving space to center pipe aft mid section.

I don't know how the longitudinal line is though, but I can find out later on

And yes, the word "RR" is kind of strange. I think the aim for this project is a more upward pointed pipe, nothing else. They HAVE made the "RR" to fit without the need of any tab cutting, and that is strange if it is a RR-pipe.

It's for the looks only, and it is a very very good looking design for sure

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next