Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:17 pm 

jyrgNorway wrote:

Silicone tube inlets.

I modified the pipes for a more upward position. They are 10mm shorter than stock Denco.

I have attached the latest dyno sheet as well.

Jørgen

I'd like to see your specs and pics on the inlet tubes. I really wish you could do a comparison of that setup with Walms WTF pipes. Several of us already have them and don't have any comparative data to Denco's, Wirges, Jolly's, etc.

Please keep testing, making progress and showing the rest of us how its done :thumbup: :thumbup:

72 H2 #5297, Charlie crank, WFT pipes, Wossners, TMS38, 15 plate Barnet, SyTech, Denco Pusher, KZ750 frt/rear,
EX500 discs, all LED, 73 Oil pump, Darth Oil check/springs, 75 2-3 shift fork
To Do: Squish, 2MM Lift, Portwork, Zeel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:08 am 

Hi Bit.

Sadly, I have to say, I do not have access to Andrews pipes, as I do not know of any here having them. I really wish I had a set, because they look SO sharp. That would be VERY interesting dynotesting them, and maybe they can compete with Jollymoto regarding powerband punch. (Jolly is NOT the best midrange pipe though, as the very powerful returning wave they produce for supercharging the combustion chamber, also have a bi-effect........messes up scavenging and crankcase suction when wave arrives at the wrong moment (prior piston closing transfers).
But hey.....I gladly sacrifice 5 hp in midrange, if I get 15 in return at top at same rpm. (jollymoto have a long tuned length, even longer than Denco, and significantly longer than Figaroli and TNT).

Thank's for all the kind words.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:09 am 

One of the longest sets of pipes I've seen is Wheelsmith. They look like Dencos that were scaled up about 15 percent. That would be another one to test if you could find a set.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:23 am 

Scales up 15%? Wow, here we are talking TORQUE.Yeah....I will look for them. I also wish I could test them Tomcats.

By the way: The longest pipe I have ever tested is the Jim Lomas street pipes. The stock cylinder H2 came into powerband at 4200 rpm. But the bi-effect is that they peaked at 63-6400 If my memory is correct.

BUT.......the torque was massive, so they gave 74 I think at that low rev. AMAZING pipes for touring, and the baffle cone is so conservative you can easily be cruising in powerband 4500 rpm all day long without melting the engine.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:44 pm 

Jim wrote:
One of the longest sets of pipes I've seen is Wheelsmith. They look like Dencos that were scaled up about 15 percent. That would be another one to test if you could find a set.

Too bad...I have a set of H1 Wheelsmiths in my stash of parts. :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:25 pm 

Super Dave had them on his H2 when he sold it, if I'm remembering right. I can't remember who bought it, but I bet he knows where the pipes are. Oh! It was Ron, 67Lotus49. You listening, Ron?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:58 pm 

Quote:
Jim Lomas street pipes.

I just tested them on an H2 pictured in Rod's thread. Engine was modified, but the powerband seemed normal to me, started at roughly 5800rpm and revved to 9k and shut off quick. ???

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:26 am 

That's the Jim Lomas race pipes, Neville.

The street pipes are WAY different to anything else.

See picture here http://www.jl-exhausts.com/kawasaki-h2- ... -109-p.asp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:02 am 

Oh,sorry. I thought they must be street pipes as they hang out the side, they scrape easy. My mistake.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:55 am 

Jim Lomas actually call them pipes "H2R race pipes" I think. Interesting concept though, the long pipes. Some strange pieces welded together there, but I can assure you the torque is amazing.

I will look up the dyno sheet. They produce about same (minus 2-3 rwhp) than Denco, but at considerably lower rpm. I have tried my friends bike with VM32 and those pipes. It IS quite amazing when you hit the powerband at 4200 rpm, it's like a diesel :-D

Not very exiting maybe, but just unbelievable for "street touring" applications.

Next up is an attempt making the bike a bit more lively. Nothing else than blueprinting and a 1mm exhaust rise, and the square design to be done. I hope it will be a success.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next