Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: ROD'S H2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:09 am 

The current state of play as we go into the new year... I like big tyres and short wheel bases..... (mock up)
The intention is to build a mid '80's hot rod, the sort of thing we did B4 the internet was a thing, and my bike was a pile of parts in the corner of the shed, awaiting a date with the dumpster....

Post subject: Re: ROD'S H2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:13 am 

Should be fun.

Lane

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:06 am 

Rod, your rate of progress is nothing short of astounding!

(as is your choice of mirrors)

:P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:13 am 

Hey, I intend staying alive to see this thing thru.....trust me!! :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:12 am 

You're certainly in for a flood of memories, the first time you ride it. If I've been on other motorcycles for a while and go for a ride on mine, I immediately feel like I'm home.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:31 pm 

Looks great Rod - keep the updates coming..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:56 pm 

Looking good Rod :thumbup: , do you really think you will live to 100yrs old ? :lol: , and if you need it painted send it over and I can do it for you !!!!, :lol: :lol: :lol: , Sorry I couldnt help myself :D ,Happy new year Rod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:14 am 

What kind of tacho speedo have you fitted?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:03 am 

The speedo and Tach. are H2-A, which I think looks neater than the '72 speedo/tach. (who wants run in instructions on their tacho??). Funny thing is I never had a H2-A, but I have 2 sets of H2-A gauges.... :? In '73 Australia went metric, so I have a set of MPH and a set of KPH gauges. Except I stripped them down, oh, 30 years ago, and put them in a box and forgot about them. While putting a set together, I could not determine where the change was made to convert from MPH to KPH. Obviously, the face markings are fine, but the mileage might come up in miles OR kilometres....and none of the Kawasaki experts have been able to say where the change was........ We shall see! So I rebuilt them and used a set of Restoration Decals (Diablo Cycles) face decals, and they came up like new. It is a bit of work buiding a tacho. and speedo from a box of old parts, but we got there!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:52 am 

AER005 wrote:
Looking good Rod :thumbup: , do you really think you will live to 100yrs old ? :lol: , and if you need it painted send it over and I can do it for you !!!!, :lol: :lol: :lol: , Sorry I couldnt help myself :D ,Happy new year Rod

Cheers Al, all the best for 2017! I have a can of Nissan blue, same as your bike, which I'll be doing soon. I had a big Cancer scare in 2000/1 so I am keen to hang around till at least 100!! (to many distractions in life to spend much time on the H2, but retired now!!) (best thing ever....every day is Saturday!) How is your H2 going, all good? :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next