Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: ROD'S H2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:37 am 

It looks like the outer one in the photo whacked the pickups at some point. It won't hurt performance or triggering, but you could probably bend them back where they belong if you wanted to. The triggering occurs way before the projections reach the pickups' iron pole pieces. Here's a video I made that shows that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo9YwuDlRFc

There's a lot of timing adjustment by moving the individual pickups, and also by moving the whole pickup plate, so you shouldn't have to mess with the position of the timing rotor.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:30 am 
Site Admin

I have some that are beat a bunch worse, they work fine. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:01 pm 

If you make them level AND square it provides a "crisper" signal. If you set it up in a lathe and make them the same height, then square off the leading/trailing edges, a nice job can be done. Then one can have all the air gaps the same for each pick up etc.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:25 am 

Nev. Lush works in Concert with Steve W. at "Betta-Bikes" in Hackham, South Australia, for any Electrical work and he rebuilt the Stator for me, and also Nev's retard ignition Box. Very rarely, I do something right, and Thirty-odd years ago (!), I stored anything to do with an H2 oiling system (all the parts in the pic.), except the Stator, (duh!) in a container of 2-stroke oil, so it was good to fish them out and clean everything. I pulled apart the oil-pump, and put new seals and o-rings through-out, and tested it to see if it actually pumps....it does! And I haven't forgotten the little alloy washers that fit into the brass banjos, I think I have everything covered....
So, we are up to ignition and oiling system, and the clutch is next!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:12 am 

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:25 pm 

Hey!!! you gunna finish this flammin bike or what, we're not gettin any younger ya know :e13

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:27 pm 

I'm not sure that Rod's goal is a finished H2. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:08 pm 

I am going to finish this bike when it is the only one left............ :? Today: 3 year check up on Cancer cells, Doctor goes, "Hmmm, don't get many clients 17 years after the event"! Making a "fidget spinner" with Grandson...... bloody thing has ceramic bearings, I can't afford them for my Bike!! Barnett 15-plate clutch coming together for the H2, can I make it work with a Ralf Gille release....yeah, 'course I can. Walk now on the beach with Grandson and 3 dogs....not enough time in the day............... (not complaining, tho!!) :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:28 pm 

There he is! We got him out of hiding. :P

Congratulations on the 17 years Rod, and enjoy the other stuff. That's what I meant about goals.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13