Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: ROD'S H2
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:39 pm 

Hi Rod my H2 is going better than ever , I try not to ride it too much as I always do something illegal on it when I do :D :D :D , hope to see yours up soon , I am enjoying riding my RE5 Suzuki , a much more sedate bike to ride around :thumbup: ,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:29 pm 

you guys in Aus have the coolest placenames :thumbup:

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:49 pm 

There is a new Disney Kids film out called Moana, after my home town, but the pronunciation is different, we are Moahna, not moaner (like someone complaining!) (Aboriginal for "by the Sea"). I have a friend who lives in Woolloomooloo, but let's not go there...... :?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

I have 2 of the mooloo's at my house! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:18 pm 

:lol: , we need a "like" button here! (don't think I want to go there, either.......) :?

Last edited by RODH2 on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:38 pm 

So, I thought I would make this thread a bit of History, leading into how someone ends up redoing a H2 in 2017. I like to keep the Forum humming along, it's a good Forum, and I like to share things with a bit of Humour thrown into the equation...! There can be VERY few of us who bought a NEW H1, 1970, and then a New H2 in 1972, and if there is anyone, I'd like to know! But my first bike was this Beautiful machine... This is actually Ivan's (of Ivan's carb kit fame) bike; He let me "borrow" the picture a few years ago, but mine was identical......
I had this for about 18 months, before the H1 came along, it had a build quality Kawasaki could only dream about at the time, and the VM34's came standard. Full throttle roll on in 5th from 25MPH would resonate for blocks, fantastic......! Oh, and the front brake worked, also! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:07 am 

Rod, you certainly have me on the buying the '72 H2 new, since as you know I didn't get mine until '78. On the other hand, I still have and ride mine. :P

Really though, it's been so long I can't remember... are you rebuilding yours or did you part with that one and you're building a different one?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:22 am 

Jim, I had boxes of parts (both H1 and H2) lying in the back of the Garage, a lot of good memories, but they were headed for the tip. Then the Internet and the Forums came along, and I thought Hmmm....! Over the years I built a few H2's and had a few frames and engines, we tried all sort of tricks around frame and engine mods. So it is my (long standing) intention to get something H2 together. I'm lucky enough to have a lot of distractions in life, starting with Grandkids.... but I have recently retired and the bike beckons. As you know, I have been collecting parts from all over the World, not the least N.C. :lol: and now I have the time. There will be a few parts from my very first H2, but the memory dims over time, exactly where bits and pieces came from. My first H2 was a 100,000 mile bike, 80,000+ of those on the original engine, but what actually became of it I am struggling to remember. :think: I have always had Kawasaki's version of the hottest street bike over the years, and the ZX10r gets a workout, but there are few places to use its potential.......!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:19 am 

Thanks for the details, I'm glad you hung on to the parts. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:23 am 

So here is a Picture of a H2 frame on a milk-crate...... what is different about this frame? (I hear you ask!) I bought this frame in the early '80's with a sheet load of other parts. We sand blasted this frame, and ran a (at the time) Arc welder, on a zillion volts over every factory weld. Then we put it in a jig to ensure the steering stem was at 90 degrees to, and in the centre of, the swing-arm mounts. Easy after that, another sand blast and BLACK 2-Pak paint job.

RL=http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/raharradine/media/DSCN0507_zpspjew1dqf.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next