Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:14 am 

Below is my new project. 72 H2, 72 Gold paint, with 73 decals.

Tuned for street, using billet SSO heads, TMX39,2 carbs, a lot of portwork incl crankcase. Silicone tube inlets. (I can give full throttle from idle in fifth gear now. Before the tubes, I needed 3000+ rpm. 70mm Ramair attached to the tubes (not pictured) A fifth gear launch without clutch abuse is absolutely NO problem, as seen on the youtube vid, here: (same cylinders, but on my caferacer using jollymoto WITHOUT the silicone tubes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgztkGq_1K0

I modified the pipes for a more upward position. They are 10mm shorter than stock Denco.
I use Ralf Schipmann lock-up clutch.

I have attached the latest dyno sheet as well. As you can see, the power below powerband (5600 rpm) is almost as good as a bone stock H2 using stock pipes and 30mm carbs.
And the power is greater than a H2 using VM34's/Denco with stock cylinders. That's interesting, since a set up like that gives about 78 rwhp, or close to 25 rwhp less than this set-up.

I did an overlay with 2 stock H2's. One with air silencer attached on top of air box, and the other without.

Red is with the silencer, blue is wiothout. Green is the tuned H2 as pictured.

This is the strongest set-up I have ported ever, regarding low and midrange. Not a great powerband on this one compared to previous set-ups, but one has to consider using my mighty Jollymoto pipes adds 12-15 more rwhp, at same peak power rpm. And that is also interesting: The power increase here is done by torque increase, not by rpm increase (it gets the 100+ rwhp at just only approximately 4-500 rpm more rpm than a vm34/Denco/stock cylinders set-up)

Lot's of work regarding crankcase portwork, transfer duct portwork, transfer windows portwork, perpendicular to bore (with a VERY short intake tract) carb position, and off course the exhaust portwork where also the "hump" is removed.

Cylinders are lifted 1,5mm. Decked. No head gaskets. 0,8mm squish. Only 188 degrees exhaust duration. Stock ignition.

Below: Torque/hp curve:

Torque flattens out in the 5000 to 5500 rpm area, but at least not a severe torque/hp dip. And as you see, Jim's pipes is absolutely amazing regarding street tuned H2's. It THE BEST old school pipes for that purpose, in my opinion. (even better than the Figaroli pipes that I have)

My heads:

My clutch:

My cylinders machine work, done by PK: (NO welding)

My ex-port:

Tranfers: (128 degrees)

Think she is ready for my trip to Norway west coast as seen below, next summer :-)

Jørgen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:08 am 

Great stuff, Jorgen..... Takes a while to absorb all that information! I am building a street H2, with a bit of input from Neville Lush, who is 30 minutes away by ZX10R! Can I ask, what part of Norway are you in, my wife and I are starting to look at travel brochures for Northern Europe!! :think:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:12 am 

Jorgen you are a Madman for sure my friend.
Awesome work, keep the pics coming

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:23 am 

Hi Rod.
Bring Neville and wife with you, and join our triples rally. (he's the wizard that showed me the way by using 38's).Last year, we were 70 triples. I believe only the UK rally is bigger??? A bunch of Germans visit us, like Ralf S and Ralf G. Leo as well. And also the brits like Higgsy, Lister, Bridges, Wildeman etc visit us some times.
Barry Boulier and wife also consider Norway some day, let's hook up :-)

I live close to Oslo, the capitol city. Norway is about 1500 miles from north to south (road distance), and from me (south-east) to west coast is about 350 miles. Our country is mostly rocks, so we have kind of "tails of the dragon" everywhere, but especially at the south-west.

One of the disadvantages visiting us is we are a highly educated (almost "free" education, incl the University's) and western oriented country where the living standards and salary for the average working man is on world top ranking, that means everything is expensive here.
BUT....since our economy is kind of oil based, the currency has weakened after the oil "crisis" started a couple of years ago. That makes it cheaper to you.

I also know of a Canadian that has talked about visiting us. The very skilled Looney Cylinders. WOW.....would be great if 3 continents could meet here. Triples for use is no problem.

Thank you mister Hartwell :-) But don't copy my mistakes, I have wrecked 2 sets of perfectly good cylinders on my way for dynocurves like that green one :banghead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:10 am 

jyrgNorway wrote:
Hi Rod.
Bring Neville and wife with you, and join our triples rally. (he's the wizard that showed me the way by using 38's).Last year, we were 70 triples. I believe only the UK rally is bigger??? A bunch of Germans visit us, like Ralf S and Ralf G. Leo as well. And also the brits like Higgsy, Lister, Bridges, Wildeman etc visit us some times.
Barry Boulier and wife also consider Norway some day, let's hook up :-)

I live close to Oslo, the capitol city. Norway is about 1500 miles from north to south (road distance), and from me (south-east) to west coast is about 350 miles. Our country is mostly rocks, so we have kind of "tails of the dragon" everywhere, but especially at the south-west.

One of the disadvantages visiting us is we are a highly educated (almost "free" education, incl the University's) and western oriented country where the living standards and salary for the average working man is on world top ranking, that means everything is expensive here.
BUT....since our economy is kind of oil based, the currency has weakened after the oil "crisis" started a couple of years ago. That makes it cheaper to you.

I also know of a Canadian that has talked about visiting us. The very skilled Looney Cylinders. WOW.....would be great if 3 continents could meet here. Triples for use is no problem.

Thank you mister Hartwell :-) But don't copy my mistakes, I have wrecked 2 sets of perfectly good cylinders on my way for dynocurves like that green one :banghead

Jorgen you're an absolute mad man! I had to absorb this slowly and look a LOT at the pictures --- wowowowowow :thumbup: Mad Skills !!!! Yep Liz is planning Norway now (but says I owe her at least one way in first class so I better start saving :shock: ). I thought it was 2018 but she says 2019 so we'll see you, Ståle and others!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:53 am 

HA.....I'm not THAT mad Barry, I've become a wuzzie. The set-up that produced 129,something rwhp that I had last spring (where the liner broke off) was just too much for me to handle. That's why I went more moderate when I made this set.

And you're welcome. Remember the rally is ALWAYS first weekend in June.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:54 am 

jyrgNorway wrote:
HA.....I'm not THAT mad Barry, I've become a wuzzie. The set-up that produced 129,something rwhp that I had last spring (where the liner broke off) was just too much for me to handle. That's why I went more moderate when I made this set.

And you're welcome. Remember the rally is ALWAYS first weekend in June.

HMMMM….I think I remember you buying an H2 drag bike……I believe the Mad Man in you will be back!! :D

Nice bike Jorgen.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:19 am 

That machine work looks impressive Jorgen! Also, the scenery is beautiful. Would love to visit your country one of these years. :thumbup:

"Let's keep your crankshaft great!"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:59 am 

Well when oversea and downunder guys will coming to the Norwegian k triple rally, I will do it again just say me which year :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:08 pm 

That last photo is spectacular, Jørgen.