Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:06 pm 

Hi I'm back after a couple of years absence from this forum. Ive been concentrating on building and racing a fzr1000 and GS750. now theyre done I need a new project. So I want to build and race in pre 72 junior class here in NZ (0-500cc) I think a H1 could be competitive in that class. I haven't picked up the doner bike yet so I'm not sure what I'm working with yet but il make it work. Slim pickings in these parts. There are going to be many issues ahead for sure. There are two issues ive been pondering......
Where can I get good info on porting? Are there any threads or articles on this?
The other one is ground clearance (I spent much time sorting that problem on the GS) if you are grounding you cant go faster, frustrating.
What pipes give the most ground clearance? I can weld, as you can see
[url][URL=http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/coops5/media/h1%20pipes%20006_zpsqnrhp8tg.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]
These pipes are like having two side stands down :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:40 pm 

My H2's current porting is based on the H2R specs of the resource site, and I'm very happy with it, so you might take a look at the H1R information there. I do have intake reeds, but the specs are road race oriented, not peaky drag racing oriented. Of course the Jennings and Bell books on the resource site have good background information and formulas.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:14 pm 

Jim wrote:
My H2's current porting is based on the H2R specs of the resource site, and I'm very happy with it, so you might take a look at the H1R information there. I do have intake reeds, but the specs are road race oriented, not peaky drag racing oriented. Of course the Jennings and Bell books on the resource site have good background information and formulas.

The H1R revs way more higher I suspect? I don't really want to raise the red line much, maybe 1000 RPM max.
This engine needs to be reliable. I don't want to go too radicle. If it throws a leg out of bed that will probably be the end of it and I will never fix it. Handling and reliability is more important than power. I do own a Jennings book which I use. Bought it in the 80s.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:43 pm 

If that's all you want to raise the RPM, I'd say chambers and Mikuni VM34s are all you need.