Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:17 am 

jyrgNorway wrote:
Dencoes are just a very very good design for street use. I really hope Jim will make them again...

You hear me Jim?? ;)

..j.

I am making them again. I currently have one late H1 set available, and some S2 Denco reproductions on the way in the next week or so. Next will be H2 and early H1.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=11278

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:30 am 

Good to hear Jim.

Do you also consider making the H2 Denco RR?

By the way, I took the SpecII Project out on the street today. Well, I have to say, I am disappoined......in a positive way :mrgreen:

This stock apperance H2, using stock swinger, has become too scary. I only tried it on the straights, but that swinger is just too short.

If laying in 3000 rpm, second gir, and give full throttle........when she hits powerband the front Wheel jumps up very abrupt. About as abrupt as a non ported H2 does in first gir.

I have run several H2's With stock swinger, and none of them got a true 2.gear powerwheelie without twisting ¨the throttle. Here, it jumps up wuth a steady full throttle from 3000 rpm even if I am laying over the tank. Shitless scary!!!

I am not used to it, as my own H2 has a Katana 1100 swinger, a bit longer, and is raised in the rear and lowered in the front. This beast just scared the crap out of me.
Another issue is detonation. I now run 240, that seems good on the dyno. But I have to put in 260 again to prevent the detonation, as the owner run stock heads. And maybe the specII stingers are a bit too restrictive for this kind of Power.

Ok, the temp is low outside, so maybe the 2.gear powerwheelie issue will disappear when running hot in the summertime. Hope so, because as is today, this H2 is just too scary. I bet, With just a tiny hump in the road, she will powerwheelie in Third gir as well, and thats not very safe

Gotta say, those specII may not be the best for low, or mid, or peak Power, but the kick they gave when entering the powerband was amazing, and I got really surprised and crap my pants. And they look lovely as well, think I just need to say "buy them" if anyone gets the upportunity.

..j.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:17 am 

jyrgNorway wrote:
Do you also consider making the H2 Denco RR?

It's possible, let's take things one step at a time. :P

Quote:
Hope so, because as is today, this H2 is just too scary.

I always thought that was the whole point of an H2. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:32 pm 

lower the gearing.... :idea:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:43 am 

Im sure glad you did this Jorgen, thanks again!
It has help put some things into a better perspective for me. Like I have said my lack of experience with this type of motor is making me a bit crazy :crazy:
When mine comes on the pipe, when I had 260 mains in it, it was like a light switch went on!! It would accelerate so hard if my hand wasn't on the clutch it was hard to release the bars enough to grab the clutch to shift and it was hard to try to keep my fingers on the clutch because all I wanted to do was hang on tight.
The "HIT" was so dramatic I just figured I had something wrong somewhere else..this 2 stroke thing is freaking me out :mrgreen:
Its either a moped or a race bike depending on how you ride it :D

I had told John last summer when I was talking to him about how to tune it I would never let a inexperienced rider ride this thing, one wrong twist of the wrist and they would rocket into the weeds just because it all happens so fast.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:28 am 

Yeah, funny isn't it :lol:

By the way: I have to say the SpecII Chambers makes it quite Wild. If you had denco pipes on it, or higgspeed, or Stock pipes, it is alot more controllable.
The Jollymoto pipes are even more dramatically made, as the hit when they starts talking to you, is nothing but insane. The kick is even more dramatically then what you get With the SpecII

BUT: There is absolutely no problem in running 50 mph uphills, in Fifth gear, twisting the throttle and accelerate, if everything is good With Your bike. You should feel an even Acceleration, more Power as the rpm raises. But yes, when entering the Power band, everything just feels a lot more brutal.

My H2 goes from 35 rwhp to 120 rwhp in only a bit more then 3000 rpm. You need a modern superbike to get that kind of Power increase in only 3000 rpm. It is just totally Madness. LOVE IT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:56 am 

jyrgNorway wrote:
Yeah, funny isn't it :lol:

BUT: There is absolutely no problem in running 50 mph uphills, in Fifth gear, twisting the throttle and accelerate, if everything is good With Your bike. You should feel an even Acceleration, more Power as the rpm raises. But yes, when entering the Power band, everything just feels a lot more brutal.

Ya.. hoping to get some relief in that area for sure! It would make it much more pleasurable to ride.

Thats why all those dyno charts you all posted helped me so much so I can at least see how the power builds with an H2, I now have some point of reference.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:56 am 

Rubbadub wrote:
lower the gearing.... :idea:

Right, when I added reeds a couple years ago, 1st gear became almost silly. I couldn't open the throttle in 1st without a sudden wheelie. That's when I decided to try regearing to put 4th gear where stock 5th was, by changing to 16/44 sprockets (stock 15/47). It still wheelies fine, but is much more reasonable, and I finally stopped looking for an extra gear at the top. It puts 1st gear about 1/3 of the way to stock 2nd, so it's not as radical a change as it might sound like.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:59 am 

Jim:

When going for reeds, did you also go from 30's to 34's?

..j.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:56 am 

I wasnt being a smartass, as Jim says, when they are geared too low, it all gets a bit frantic, like an asthmatic struggling to breathe , trying to breathe in without exhaling. Higher gearing spreads the power delivery and smooths it out, meaning you are not all over the red line before you consider upshifting.
Also it means they sit up and sniiff the air rather than trying to land in your lap....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next