Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:47 pm 

Of course this video doesn't do the sound justice at all. Also the best part of the sound happens while cruising. It cackles at idle and with small throttle blips, but is even more pronounced at cruising speed. I wish I had a better way to record the sound. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJzS7qbeDxk

Further sound explanation...

While cruising at 30mph through town or 60mph on the highway and giving it just a little throttle is when it sounds best. It sounds like firecrackers going off in sequence. Also when I give it small blips of the throttle. If I am slowly accelerating like from 35 to 55 I can get it to buzz....All other times it sounds just as before. It is not much louder than it was before when the packing wasn't fresh.

I really like it. Probably not for everyone though. It did make me need to lean the mixture screws just a tad.

EDIT.. In case your can't watch the video. The baffle tubes that the packing is wrapped on disintegrated so I found the perfect size thin steel tube and couldn't get the drill bit to drill holes very good, so I took a dremel tool with a cutting wheel and cut side ways slots. I made 3 rows/sides of 12 slots on each tube and was surprised by the great cackle it produced.

Last edited by yellowsnow on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:00 pm 

Private video.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:44 pm 

Sorry fixed now