Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: H2 close ratio gears
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:40 pm 

I'm sure some of you have seen this before, first time for me: http://www.novaracing.co.uk/ProductKawa ... arbox.html

Post subject: Re: H2 close ratio gears
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:35 pm 

Pretty cool. As near as I can tell:

1st: input stock 12, new 23 instead of stock 26
2nd: input 20 from an H1 trans, output new 28
3rd: input stock 18, new 19 instead of 20
4th: both stock gears used, 25 input, 23 output
5th: input new 20 instead of stock 21, stock 17 output

I actually like my H2 gears for street use, but for a track, this would be great. I wonder if I can get close ratio gears for my DT100. ;)
(checking their applications, apparently not. :( )

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:02 am 

Nova is well know to buit very good close gear ratio for any bike. For example, the road RG 500 Gamma which raced and won on production races in UK on the 80s had nova close gear ratio.
Smac (Eric OFFENSTADT french K triple racer firm) did some on the 70s and I had one on my H2 when I raced in production races on the 70S (I know wasn't legal but :D ).
Could be a copy of the old Smac gearbox as the Smac gearbox like this one had only a few gears which changed :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:14 am 

husson73 wrote:
I had one on my H2 when I raced in production races on the 70S (I know wasn't legal but :D ).

And you, a lawyer, and all........... :shock: (Would have been shot for that in Proddy racing here in the '70's.....!!!) Proddy = production :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:37 am 

I would need a 6th gear to have the want to spend an additional $1000 on my gearbox. :shock:

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:14 pm 

Walms wrote:
I would need a 6th gear to have the want to spend an additional $1000 on my gearbox. :shock:
Yeah 6 speed would be great. I really miss having a 6th gear on my KZ's.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:10 am 

RODH2 wrote:
husson73 wrote:
I had one on my H2 when I raced in production races on the 70S (I know wasn't legal but :D ).

And you, a lawyer, and all........... :shock: (Would have been shot for that in Proddy racing here in the '70's.....!!!) Proddy = production :lol:

rules are done to be bent Rod.
And on proddy racers everyone bent them even if the rules were standart bikes :lol:
H2 racers ran close ratio, av gaz, barrels and heads porting to the extrem of standart engine and even a little more. :e11
the only Ducati 900SS which won some races had a verlicchi chrome molybdene factory frame lighter and stronger. :think:
Laverda 1000 hadn't the usual camshafts but racing camshafts. :problem: 4S restamped 2S :wtf:
The only Guzzi 850 LM which won one race (Le Mans track 1978) riding by Frank GROSS from one millimeter from a H2 riding by my old friend Rhosseto ANGELINIADIS had a 1000 engine :!: :shh: :lol: with non standart exhausts and coming straight from the factory :shifty:
The only Norton 750 riding by my friend Alban PEYRE had everything non standart :twisted:
A lot of fun :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:31 am 

:lol: Our engines were sealed with an ACU, (Auto Cycle Union) lead tag, and it was all taken very seriously.......... I had to prove that Kawasaki actually hand finished ports on the early H2's, under a protest! Production racing was big in the '70's here, and the bikes were showroom standard............ and of course, the H2 was dominant! (good memories!) But I agree with you, 100%, "rules are done to be bent" ! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:41 am 

We had 6 gearbox combos for both H1R and H2R, three for the H1R, which was built way overkill for the 500.s, which allowed them to be used in the H2R's, and 3 for the H2R's.

We still really needed a 6 speed gearbox series. The issue with our stuff is that if you get a close ratio trans in place, and find the 3rd set is wrong, it is tear the bottom case off to change it.

What I wold like to see is someone that can properly do this, set up a centrifugal spin casting pattern for our endings to cast up cases that support liquid cooling, with a cassette/pull out the side gear box, and the ability ro run a stroker crank as well.

Of course, a one piece casting for the cylinders, with larger interconnecting transfer port bases, and a head skull that uses insert chambers would also be nice.

Yes, I know, both way too expensive, and dreaming, but.........the possibilities, only limited by the mind, and, lack of bucks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:28 am 

H2RTuner wrote:
We had 6 gearbox combos for both H1R and H2R, three for the H1R, which was built way overkill for the 500.s, which allowed them to be used in the H2R's, and 3 for the H2R's.

We still really needed a 6 speed gearbox series. The issue with our stuff is that if you get a close ratio trans in place, and find the 3rd set is wrong, it is tear the bottom case off to change it.

What I wold like to see is someone that can properly do this, set up a centrifugal spin casting pattern for our endings to cast up cases that support liquid cooling, with a cassette/pull out the side gear box, and the ability ro run a stroker crank as well.

Of course, a one piece casting for the cylinders, with larger interconnecting transfer port bases, and a head skull that uses insert chambers would also be nice.

Yes, I know, both way too expensive, and dreaming, but.........the possibilities, only limited by the mind, and, lack of bucks.

Don't forget case reeds, power valves and direct injection (E-Tec style) :mrgreen: Maybe a laser ignition... :think: When I win the lottery I will get the ball rolling! :thumbup: