Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Maico Triple ?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:42 pm 

I think they are 490's.......I used to ride a Maico 400 (383cc) and it was a bit different looking..........that was the best handling dirt bike ever, and with the cool polished aluminum tank.......it was a long stroke small bore motor two stroke with a big Bing Carb........the clutch was bizarre as it used conical washers stacked to make a spring, had to replace those every few weeks......they don't rev out that high, but they have a lot of grunt..........MAICO's are awesome...........and I had to get a cadaver bone put in my finger to repair it, oh and almost forget......landed on my butt jumping ditches and broke my tailbone (you don't want to do that !)........I sold it to a neighbor, I warned him to put Nitrogen in the shocks and DO NOT ride it, this thing will really hurt you bad, beware.......he promissed he would gas them up........I saw him later that day hobbling around, holy cow that guy had road rash from head to toe, I really felt sorry for him.......I asked "wheres the Maico".........he said he sold it to his other buddy (all in about 8 hours)

If I recall properly, the Maico 490 would do something like 105 MPH in the dirt with a few tweeks......the triple is interesting, don't get the back tire though

THX Phil :thumbup: