Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:49 pm 

Hello to all my old friends and thanks to Bill & Dale for setting up my account. I built the suzi 750 for guy here in Sarasota.
I had nothing to do with the design the owner hand picked every part on the bike, I just put it together. I can't tell you how it runs as l never rode it but the owner is very happy with it
Hey lane remember when you did a wheelie on my 72 buffalo & spun the tire on the rim!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:04 pm 

He's BAAAAAaaaaaack! :mrgreen: Good to see you got online! Next it's Photobucket so you can post pics. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:07 pm 

Triple Ed wrote:
Hello to all my old friends and thanks to Bill & Dale for setting up my account. I built the suzi 750 for guy here in Sarasota.
I had nothing to do with the design the owner hand picked every part on the bike, I just put it together. I can't tell you how it runs as l never rode it but the owner is very happy with it
Hey lane remember when you did a wheelie on my 72 buffalo & spun the tire on the rim!

I remember it well. I rode about five miles with a flat if I'm not mistaken. That was a good day overall. Sorry about the tire.....

Lane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:48 pm 

Lane, didn't you play with some different ignitions on your blue bike? I kept the points but added 3 car coils under the tank. Had to remove the overflow bottle :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:49 am 

Yeah I built my ignition from electronic ignition kits which use the original points as triggers. The condensers are gone, and only 400ma gets to the points rather than 4 amps. I used stock coils. The link is for the the kit I used. I mounted three of them into a box from Radio Shack. No points wear in 12 years.

http://www.apogeekits.com/electronic_ignition.htm

Lane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:05 am 

Neat idea. I'll have to try that sometime. Did you put rear sets on your blue bike? Check out the one's on the bike I built. Got them from Allen. They worked out well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:34 am 
Site Admin

rngdng wrote:
Yeah I built my ignition from electronic ignition kits which use the original points as triggers. The condensers are gone, and only 400ma gets to the points rather than 4 amps. I used stock coils. The link is for the the kit I used. I mounted three of them into a box from Radio Shack. No points wear in 12 years.

I wonder how well that kit would work using one unit to fire three plugs at the same time... like Boyer?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:21 am 

Welcome back Ed!!! :D :D :D

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:25 am 

mraxl wrote:
rngdng wrote:

I wonder how well that kit would work using one unit to fire three plugs at the same time... like Boyer?

It might work. The kit was designed to replace the ignition on a V8.

Lane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:39 am 
Site Admin

That would make for an inexpensive electronic ignition conversion 8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next