Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

When more information is found, I will add it, as I did. It didn't change the meaning. I just found it for Nev so he didn't have to look it up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

I have deleted posts here of Moo & Barry, edited one from jyrg.... because it was bickering and prodding on a personal level having nothing to do with the topic at hand. Everyone has the ability to edit their own posts.

This topic is interesting and informative to a lot of people... why clutter it up with childish crap???

Can we please stick to topic without throwing barbs within?

I understand there are issues between members on social media... keep it there! It would be a shame to deprive those on this forum who want to learn because of petty issues between a few.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:26 am 

Attachment:
RS250.jpg
Here is some more interest to illustrate the same thing which Jorgen found.
Attachment:
img026 carbs.jpg

I am not great at doing this stuff with the PC, it takes some effort, but I shall learn.

I apologise for my poor handwriting, my hands are not as good as they were.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:32 am 

In the graph of the H2, the lower axis is in speed, I did use the same gear etc and the bike did not leave the dyno. It sat there while I changed the carbs even. I had some corrupt files in the folder and it would not allow me to put rpm on the graph. This graph is fairly old data. One can see exactly what Jorgen just found out, also borne out by the RS250. Both bikes were unchanged in any way except for the carbs.Both bikes jetted correctly with each set up. Same fuel each, same day a good test. Ha with the RS250 the guy went 1.8 seconds faster/lap in his first session :-). Straight from the dyno to the track for a three day national level meet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:46 am 

it is very well Known that Neville is one of the top two stroke tuners I Australia if not the World , what he says make sense and works every time , I'm sorry I carnt be at the Is classic this weekend but working In Sydney this week

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:05 am 

Neville Lush wrote:
Attachment:
RS250.jpg
Here is some more interest to illustrate the same thing which Jorgen found.
Attachment:
img026 carbs.jpg

I am not great at doing this stuff with the PC, it takes some effort, but I shall learn.

I apologise for my poor handwriting, my hands are not as good as they were.
That's a nice gain for just 3mm. bigger carbs Nev! :thumbup: And it confirm's ones buttdyno when swapping to bigger carb's!
mraxl wrote:

This topic is interesting and informative to a lot of people... why clutter it up with childish crap???

Can we please stick to topic without throwing barbs within?

I understand there are issues between members on social media... keep it there! It would be a shame to deprive those on this forum who want to learn because of petty issues between a few.
Well said!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

Great to see accurate comparatives. :thumbup: Do you remember what final gearing you had on the H2?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:37 pm 

I didn't have a look at that, but it would have been something like 15/47 . I rolled out of the run on the 38's a bit early as the bike was accelerating so much harder I got gun shy near the end. That rarely happens now :-) :-) . The low end was transformed even on the dyno graph. The RS shows a good gain,but the graphs don't do justice to the way it rode. Thanks for your kind words Aero , but I am just a man working in my shed. The day we stop learning they put us in a box.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

Looks like the power peak is around 8200, nice...... :thumbup:

And if you pay attention to the board, one can almost learn something new everyday! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:23 pm 

Nev..........you seem to get some really good linear power out of your motors..........very interesting, they seem to pull thru the whole range very well :clap:..........years of tricks

I read all your posts, Jorgen, Moo's, Snowmobile stuff, everybody's.........all you guys have trick's...........thanks for sharing that info.........it's very fascinating

I can get a set of good backup heads, keep looking for Cylinders and those are harder to find.....keep looking, then could do some mods.........My first H2 in 70's, I had a second set of cylinders, heads and carbs that were modded...........I built my new motor to handle some HP if desired with the New rods, all Koyo bearings crank and trans, fully undercut, 15 plate clutch, etc

No Way am I going to carve up my Moo Cylinders and Squish Heads.......that's a great street motor, and I like the way it runs in it's form........they are pristine and need to stay that way ;)

THX Phil :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next