Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Custom 128rwhp H2.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:53 am 

jyrgNorway wrote:
Hi Hal.

I have a dyno myself, a Dynojet model 150. Old type, but it is calibrated from factory. The drum has a , 4 digit unique calibration number. Don't know how accurate though.....

We are running around in Norway with our mobile dyno, and the greatest differences in hp and torque measurements comes from weather conditions.

I feel that air pressure is the factor which count the most. We had a 12 zx-14 on the dyno in foggy low weather pressure conditions in "high" altitude also. 189 rwhp. VERY impressing. Some days later we had the exacy same bike on our dyne, at sea level and there was sunny high pressure weather conditions. 201! Something is wrong we tought, and did a new run. 202. Another run: 202.

That should not be possible with a crank hp 210 incl. ram air zx-14!!!!!!!!

Anyway: The difference on same dyno, same bike 13 hp.......

EBOS has tuned several streetable H2's, and he is not considered nothing else than THE tuner! I have another friend with the 4.th EBOS -H2 in this thread, and taht bike gives 112.

Maybe he does something others don't, I really don't know. But what I DO know, is that there are many EBOS H2's around with that numbers I gave. And that does not mean it's false just because very, very few manage to do so.

The 127rwhp pictured above has also been on my dyno..............The numbers were high. :clap: :clap:

Some of the conditions you mention will affect the performance of the dyno and some are going to influence the potential power the motor can generate (air density) oxygen saturation etc.

Good numbers! Paul Gast has tuned a lot of bikes including street bikes which make amazing power. A board member here (Mouth) rides with many of us in Canada; I think his bike is stage III and it has big Lectrons -- it makes crazy power!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:53 am 

Yeah, Mouth's bike hauls ass with the 150 FBG motor! I was expecting it to be a dog down low but it is very streetable...
Z, while your bike makes more torque than his, you need to cut the intake skirts on your pistons and get some HP pipes, you'd have the same thing! ;)

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:57 pm 

I know for a fact that those EBOS-motors all have longer rods for better filling/flow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:05 pm 

How do longer rods give better filling? There is less dwell at the bottom of the stroke with longer rods.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:25 pm 

Jim wrote:
How do longer rods give better filling? There is less dwell at the bottom of the stroke with longer rods.

Less dwell??

There's more, isn't it? And that causes more transfer port.time as far as I understand.

Anyway: EBOS do NOT use longer rods if not any gain of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:27 pm 

Walms wrote:
Yeah, Mouth's bike hauls ass with the 150 FBG motor! I was expecting it to be a dog down low but it is very streetable...
Z, while your bike makes more torque than his, you need to cut the intake skirts on your pistons and get some HP pipes, you'd have the same thing! ;)

I have skirt cut pistons!!!...........on the shelf. LC suggested I give them a try..maybe also try the FPP pipes before taking the WTF plunge!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:35 pm 

Another "Scandinavian" Ebos-ported H2 engine, with big Lectrons, longer rods and Chris Ritchie reeds. Jolly pipes.
111 rwhp.
Aprilia RS250 swinger, Hayabusa/Honda (Wilbers) front.

Nice bike I think, finished only some days ago.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:58 pm 

jyrgNorway wrote:
Less dwell?? There's more, isn't it? And that causes more transfer port.time as far as I understand.

No, longer rods will increase the dwell at the top of the stroke and decrease dwell at the bottom of the stroke. The transfer ports will be open for fewer crankshaft degrees with longer rods.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:33 pm 

Jim wrote:
jyrgNorway wrote:
Less dwell?? There's more, isn't it? And that causes more transfer port.time as far as I understand.

No, longer rods will increase the dwell at the top of the stroke and decrease dwell at the bottom of the stroke. The transfer ports will be open for fewer crankshaft degrees with longer rods.

OK, I really don't know, that's why I put an :?: after the sentence.

Then it has to be because of something I found on the internet:

"A longer dwell time around top dead center makes better use of the combustion pressure and turning the pressure into torque; a rule of thumb is that you want peak combustion pressure around 15-17 degrees after TDC. Furthermore, the combusiton pressures are higher while the crank angle is lower resulting in less side loading of the piston into the bore. Less side loading results in less friction between the piston and bore freeing up power and reducing wear. The reduced piston acceleration also improves piston ring life as the lower acceleration equals less force on the rings (remember F=ma?)."

EBOS use rods with bigger upper wrist pin, so perhaps it is a coincidence for all I know :?: :?:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:53 pm 

Yes, you may be right about their possible reasons for the longer rods. Even if you use a longer rod and decrease dwell at the bottom of the stroke, you can still make your transfer and exhaust port timing anything you want it to be with a grinder.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next