Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jetting chart for H2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:41 pm 

There was a jetting index with a lot of different sample bikes with and without mods in a nice chart and I can't seem to find it anymore. I think it was bookmarked and accidently deleted from my computer. Does anyone know where to find something like this? Getting closer to firing off the engine and want to be somewhat close on jetting. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Jetting chart for H2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:02 pm 

I think it's been awhile since the spreadsheet was updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:33 pm 

Perfect!! That's the chart I remember.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:02 am 

Maybe we can re-open the spreadsheet outside of gaggle?

New entries and updates would help that much more.

cliff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:04 am 
Site Admin

ALTERED IMAGE wrote:
Maybe we can re-open the spreadsheet outside of gaggle?
New entries and updates would help that much more.
cliff
Would new data make the chart any more reliable? What is there was taken from posts of those who spent a great deal of time tuning and knew what they were doing. It was gleaned from posts on several boards where all the data needed was provided.
If anyone wants to supply me with ALL the data required to complete a line entry I'd be happy to update the chart. The days of me scouring the internet searching for data and begging for info to update the Resource site are pretty much gone.
Most of the information contained in the site isn't accessed or used anymore... maybe for a lack of interest in Triples or maybe because Triple owners are now more educated... I don't know? I'm seeing message board posts all the time where the Resource site would be useful in getting answers but not being utilized. What's there is still there and I'll add to it where I'm provided specific relevant information.
As for re-opening outside of "gaggle", I believe you can download the spreadsheet or copy it and put it in the format of your choosing. Maybe you could use "gaggle" to find out how to do that?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:29 am 

mraxl wrote:
Maybe you could use "gaggle" to find out how to do that?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you can lead a horse to water Dale

But before you push him in, remember what a wet horse smells like....
:shock:

I get tired of always reminding folks to just go find their answers where most of them are readily available.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:27 am 

I did use the chart to get a jetting starting point for my TM34 Mikunis, so it's still being used. Hard to know what hex type jet to start with, lot of data on the original large round jets.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:36 am 

Mikuni has sizing charts between their different jet designs, round to hex styles. Keihin does for their jet designs as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:48 am 

III sorry you get tired of helping people. I am on at least 5 different motorcycle groups with at least 3 different brands of bikes and am getting older so sometimes finding stuff is harder and asking for help was what I thought this group does best. I remember about 3 years ago finding the chart and the resource site has so much material, I didn't know it was actually on there. I did also run into it the other day but I appreciate the member that actually helped me and pointed it out vs complaining about someone that can't find stuff on the resource page. If you get tired of helping, shut the F up! Also check out the name on the post. Its called H-nube not H-expert so I ask for help.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:09 am 

hey nube, dont make a mountain out of a mole hill hill here,
I have gone out of my way to help out folks here and on all the forums more than most, so get it right if you want to twist my words.
I meant I was tired of seeing people bitch about all the hard work Dale has put in to the resource site just to have folks complain about it instead of using it, or helping improve it.
He is always wiling to accept more information to improve the helpful pages he has spent a ton of his own time amassing for us all to use.
Im always willing to help when I can, but am amazed at anyone complaining about Dales work???