Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:02 pm 

I am converting my 74 H2B to the early 3 line system.........the 3 into 1 line is goofy and probably starves the far cylinder to some degree, the 72/3 system has nice large individual lines feeding each main bearing with the rebuildable brass check valves

Its easy to put the .030 Mikuni jets in the late cylinders, then you have to drill the passage in the cases (properly, come out near the top), get an old style pump and lines

I don't know about the argument of atomizig oil in the carbs as the late model does, or just feeding it into the port as the early system does........the late system changes your jetting (leaner) as it has a percentage of oil mixed with gas

Now are people running around with late model engine failures due to oiling, I don't think so.......I had the parts and I am doing a major rebuild, so why not convert it since it's all apart......otherwise I probably would have left it alone

This is the Darth-CrabbySteve 3 into 1 line (nice product) vs the early system

THX Phil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:10 pm 

Searching the site for oil line info and dragged this thread up.

So my H2B basket case came with rubber hose that connects the pump to the carb float bowl, see pic. I'd like to replace them.

Is this an acceptable, but where do I get the hose?

Or, is the upgrade the only way to go? Rather not spend the $175 if not necessary.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:23 pm 

Glad for bringing this up. And thank you Phil for posting the info from KTOG. Paul Gast asked me to look for a set - there's nothing on the internet, I checked with Darth recently and he's not making any now. I think there's a market for new ones if someone is willing to make them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:52 am 
Site Admin

For the oil lines you can use 1/4" tubing and Kaw p/n 16128-009 or Hodaka p/n 993713 check valves to attach at carbs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:43 am 

mraxl wrote:
For the oil lines you can use 1/4" tubing and Kaw p/n 16128-009 or Hodaka p/n 993713 check valves to attach at carbs.

Good info, thank you. I called Jess and he said his fuel line could be used, I had a small piece of 3/16" and its a good fit on the check valve.

Another question:

What is the procedure for checking the check valves? I cannot blow air through them. A search turned up the valve that can be disassembled, has ball and spring, I do not have that type.

Mine have been vapor blasted and ultrasonically cleaned [along with the carbs]. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:59 am 

BBP wrote:
I am converting my 74 H2B to the early 3 line system.........the 3 into 1 line is goofy and probably starves the far cylinder to some degree, the 72/3 system has nice large individual lines feeding each main bearing with the rebuildable brass check valves

Its easy to put the .030 Mikuni jets in the late cylinders, then you have to drill the passage in the cases (properly, come out near the top), get an old style pump and lines

I don't know about the argument of atomizig oil in the carbs as the late model does, or just feeding it into the port as the early system does........the late system changes your jetting (leaner) as it has a percentage of oil mixed with gas

Now are people running around with late model engine failures due to oiling, I don't think so.......I had the parts and I am doing a major rebuild, so why not convert it since it's all apart......otherwise I probably would have left it alone

This is the Darth-CrabbySteve 3 into 1 line (nice product) vs the early system

THX Phil

Do you want to sell the Darth 3 to 1 line?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:56 am 

See my post at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12543

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:55 pm 

SteveO

You can use Tygon weed eater fuel line from the pump banjo to the carbs...........and it's clear (yellow), so you can see oil in it..........it's cheap, and replace it yearly, works in a pinch anyways, not for a show bike, that is what I did when I had the 4 line pump...........now I am 3 line pump converted on the B\C motor, and TMX flat slide 38 carbs

I sold that Darth 3 into 1 line for brass banjo's............I wish I would have kept it now that I have a spare H2C motor...........they are supposed to start making them again at some point in time

THX Phil ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:40 pm 

BBP wrote:
SteveO

You can use Tygon weed eater fuel line from the pump banjo to the carbs.....

Thanks, I thought of that. I trimmed a minimal amount off my existing oil lines and I will be able to reuse them.
I did order NOS check valves, waiting on that shipment.