Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:05 pm 

RODH2 wrote:
Long long time since I road-raced Al - Hey, only 4 corners out. We were at the Island in '09 and were directly behind turn 2, To see these guys take an off-camber, humped corner like that, at those speeds, said it all for me, and Stoner was the best of them - hey, he won on a bloody Ducati!! :lol:
I usually get a seat in the front of the stands at Sibira , a great corner , and yes funny that no one else can ride the Ducati's fast (one rider said Stoner didnt give 100% whos not giving his all now, hes not very compeditive on the Ducati )

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:49 pm 

Riders, in order, are Stoner, Hayden, Pedrosa, Rossi. Ducati, Honda, Honda, Yamaha.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:39 am 

Yeah, I got a lot of respect for Hayden, perhaps he made a couple of doubtful career choices, [maybe]. In an ideal world, he would be riding for "team green".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:22 am 

Here is Moo's prize :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:36 am 

and I promosed the cat too :lol: :lol:
Im having trouble with that one :wtf:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:57 am 

The blue H2 should be in front of the green one! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:34 am 

RODH2 wrote:
The blue H2 should be in front of the green one! :mrgreen:
I agree but I didnt have my leathers and it is a race track :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:17 am 

I met "Tricky Nicky" when he was just starting talks for MotoGP, still riding AMA Superbike, down at AFAM Sprockets in Huntington Beach. He was speaking with Steve Whitelock about whom to work for. He was still a very serious useless 5 year old back then. I joined the talks, mostly just listening, and was extremely happy to NOT be asked to work for him. Nicky has "grown up" a lot in the succeeding years, from finally realizing he ISN'T the star he thought he was. He is still very weak in setup, and even worse in feedback to engineers/mechanics. This is proven by both the lack of progress of the Ducati under his ridership, and of the dismal results on those bikes by now departed Casey Stoner. Nicky won his world championship not for his riding ability, but for some extremely hard work of his mechanics and engineers, actually "first guessing" the bike, and, a lot of bad situations for others that would have surpassed him if not for those adverse situations.

I am still extremely happy I was NOT asked to work for Nicky, Steve told me he was going to do that, but saw the looks on my face, and decided I just didn't want to do so. Thank you, again, Steve, you are a true friend. I do not believe I would have gotten along with Earl, his used car salesman father, either. From what I am told, not many in MotoGP do.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:54 am 
Site Admin

That is really Awesome Al! :clap: :thumbup: :clap:

Thank you so much! He will be proudly displayed on my puter desk with Gumby! :wtf: :lol: :wtf:

I already have pipes ordered and casting a a tiny reed kit....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is one "cool" cat too! :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:22 pm 

Dont you understand its worth more if you keep it standard , you carnt help yourself PIPES and reeds , although I would change the rear shocks on it and a set of Race compound K81's :lol: ,am waiting for the photos with gumby ,