Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

Another simple method is to hang lines (with oil) overnite with check valves at the bottom.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:39 pm 

mraxl wrote:
Another simple method is to hang lines (with oil) overnite with check valves at the bottom.

Sounds easy, doesn't get more simple actually!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:11 pm 

mraxl wrote:

My left line is leaking past the valve. I have it hanging valve down and it ran through in about 8 hours. So, I have new springs and the check balls still leaking. I am guessing I need to do the "glue the ball trick" to lap the seal?? Any other ideas to "repair" the seal on the valve? Thanks everyone. I am also building a pressure pump to bench test the lines.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:01 pm 

I wish someone was making the aluminum crush washer, maybe that is a source of leaking. I have about a dozen
check valves so I'll pull one apart and see the dimensions of the crush washer. Crush washers should only be used
once so makes sense to me. :think:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:34 am 

wavehog33 wrote:
Pk....that looks nice and simple...I am going to build one of those!! Thanks for the pic! Is the gauge also from the bp cuff and the pumper??
what is the other piece on the alum block?? Can't tell in the pic....I see banjo bolt, what is that to the left

The pump is from the lumbar support on an old seat.
The gauge is from a car accessories shop and is normally used for measuring fuel pump pressure and manifold vacuum.
The other piece on the aluminum block is a second hole for attaching big end of the oil line if I want to pressure test in the opposite direction. It has M10 x 1.25 threads and takes a standard brake line banjo bolt. It is currently blocked off with a bolt.

PK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:11 am 

67lotus49 wrote:
I wish someone was making the aluminum crush washer, maybe that is a source of leaking. I have about a dozen
check valves so I'll pull one apart and see the dimensions of the crush washer. Crush washers should only be used

the aluminum washers are still active thru kawasaki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:26 am 

650hardtail wrote:
67lotus49 wrote:

the aluminum washers are still active thru kawasaki

The aluminum crush washer inside the check valve in the picture attached? Looking at the parts list I don't see any check valve serviceable parts. Are you talking about the crush washers on the oil line banjo bolts? I know those are easy to find. I'm talking about the crush washer to the left of the check ball in this picture.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:35 am 

P.K. wrote:
wavehog33 wrote:
Pk....that looks nice and simple...I am going to build one of those!! Thanks for the pic! Is the gauge also from the bp cuff and the pumper??
what is the other piece on the alum block?? Can't tell in the pic....I see banjo bolt, what is that to the left

The pump is from the lumbar support on an old seat.
The gauge is from a car accessories shop and is normally used for measuring fuel pump pressure and manifold vacuum.
The other piece on the aluminum block is a second hole for attaching big end of the oil line if I want to pressure test in the opposite direction. It has M10 x 1.25 threads and takes a standard brake line banjo bolt. It is currently blocked off with a bolt.

PK

PK,last night I went a grabbed an alum block and a blood pressure check for the pump and the lines. Thought the gauge may work but the gauge is not sedigned to hold the pressure and bleeds out slow. So, still need the gauge. Thanks for the simple setup, this will help FOR SURE!

Lotus, wouldnt the crush washer just seal between the fitting and the outher banjo? To keep oil from seeping out the threads? Mine is bleeding right through the oil line hole, def the spring and ball. I am going to lap in the seal with a ball JB welded to a small drill bit flat end.

Thanks to all you guys for the help....learn something every day for sure!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:13 am 

sorry..was thinking of the alum washers for the oil lines

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:45 am 

I'm pretty sure you could find replacements if you search a bit. You could also buy a piece of fairly soft aluminum bar stock, and with a lathe, make all the washers you need. Making them from 6061-T6 and then annealing them would work well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next