Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:46 pm 

You can RUN it on prime, but you have no reserve, it will flow straight through. If you PARK it on prime you run the real risk of flooding the cases through a leaky carb needle/seat, and the possibility of bending a rod due to hydraulic lock.......!! :o

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:50 pm 

I know I'm late on this subject but I have fixed about 8 of these petcocks and everyone worked mostly suzuki and a few Kawasaki's. You get 1000 grit wet sand paper a new o-ring for the diaphragm and a hole punch set I use the harbor freight set it has the coned end. I've never used the kawasaki 4 hole gasket just the suzuki gasket. Wet sand the lever face to a nice shine, replace the o-ring then find one of the hole punch that fit in the cone hole where the o-ring seats take a small piece of sand paper wet it and wrap it around the coned end of the punch put that in the hole where the o-ring goes and twist it about 4 or 5 times not to much but just enough to smooth it out, put a little bit of silicone on the lever face and put it back together 90% of the time that works. If that doesn't work get some hylomar blue gasket compound and put a very lite coat around the edges (both sides) of the diaphragm, this stuff never drys so you're able to pull the diaphragm out, also a great gasket sealer. I did this to my h1d when it was leaking and I have not touch the petcock in 8 years, recently rebuilt the h2 petcock and had to use the hylomar couldn't find the leak but that fixed it

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:56 pm 

hoodyhoo wrote:
I've never used the kawasaki 4 hole gasket just the suzuki gasket.

It's the same part in a different bag.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:25 am 

H-nube wrote:
I have a question about the petcock as well. I want to run a stock petcock but remove the vacuum feature. I just want an on/off switch not the vacuum bs. design. How about just installing a block off plate where the diaphram is. Has anyone done this?

I have modified many of the kawi and Suzuki triples to remove the vacuum feature. The mod allows for a true off and looks no different vusually. Some members feel the vacuum feature works well, I agree as I have one on my 72 H2 with no issues. I also have newly rebuilt ones leak. This mod eliminates the hoping the valve is working. I can send pics via email.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:42 pm 

How to mod or make dog poo into honey. LOL

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/kawasakitriples/the-everflowing-petcock-t15451.html