Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 75 h1 oil pump
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:13 pm 

hey, hello. i have a couple of oil pumps for an s1 and a couple for an h1. the one on my 75 h1 is stamped 47, one of my s1 is stamped 46. one of my extra h1 is stamped 4x. do these mean anything? also the oil lines on the 75 h1 are different. the long line is thinner then the other two lines. is this normal? tom

Post subject: Re: 75 h1 oil pump
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:18 am 

kamakasi tom wrote:
also the oil lines on the 75 h1 are different. the long line is thinner then the other two lines. is this normal? tom

It's probably "normal" ... my '73 H1D has the same combination, large and small. And many others do as well.

From what I have learned ... the oil line sizes (OD) are different on some models. I'm not sure why Kaw did this but, I don't believe it matters. Some bikes have two different sized lines ... some have all the same. The volume of oil pumped is so small compared to the line size that the smallest line (.078 ID) will deliver more than sufficient oil even at high RPM's ... from what I have learned ... someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Darth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:52 am 

I think it was decided that Kawasaki engineers wanted the oil to reach all cylinders at the same moment during initial start up...the smaller diameter line gets the oil to the furthest cylinder quicker. You can actually witness this when you're priming the pump.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:34 pm 

Zambia wrote:
I think it was decided that Kawasaki engineers wanted the oil to reach all cylinders at the same moment during initial start up...the smaller diameter line gets the oil to the furthest cylinder quicker. You can actually witness this when you're priming the pump.

I agree ... that would be the only reason I could think of. Of course ... once the lines are full ... it matters no more :D

Darth