Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:53 pm 

Half the throttle, I heard wfo would bog if I wasn't way up in rpm. My pilot needs to go down a bit, im already at 2 1/2 turns out. I have 30s but wanted to try 32.5s. Thanks for all the help guys!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:02 pm 

At 1/2 throttle, the needle and needle jet are the primary parts that effect mixture, but I'll let the carb guys do their thing for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:31 am 

Update; I spent all yesterday working on my bike hell bent to get it running correctly. Basically went back through everything hoping to just find something obvious. Lastly I swapped out the b ignition box, when I took it out it still was severely rich in the mid range but if I kind of nursed it I finally felt it pull correctly.....success. I brought it back into my garage and adjusted the needles to the #1 lean position. Took it out once more in an oposite direction since the neighbors by this point were probably ready to lynch my ass, and wow this thing screams...

Im not done tuning obviously, I still plan to drop down a needle jet size to gain a range of adjustment on my clips, im running 240 mains and they seem pretty good, now that ive established that it was an electronic problem I might go back to 260's and see if she'll burble a bit.

Best part, the moto shop that orders all my jets and at good prices too, was just closing for the evening as I was pulling some laps up and down that street. The owner having heard about this bike for quite a while was hanging out his truck cheering me on haha

Thanks for all your help guys, Ill get a real video up here in a few days or something
Skye