Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:01 pm 

I had a clean original 70.5 Trans am, with some major engine/trans work it ran 11.70's full interior, steel wheels, stock suspension, In retrospect that is pretty damn good! Well that wasn't enough, I needed a victor junior intake, dominator carb, etc. so no more bitchin ram air scoop, next a eight point cage, cal tracs, cookie cutters, five point harness, full manual auto, etc.............. I ruined a sweet car!

I had an all original model A Ford, Was a blast to drive with some simple upgrades..........Then the bug hit and I converted the flathead to ovh with a conversion kit, Reliability out the window !!!!

So I'm getting at the H2, How much is too much? I know its coming apart again, I'm going to look a little closer at the details this time! :oops:

If you had one to do again what wouldn't you do? and vice versa?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:19 pm 

You want fast? Go with something like 34mm carbs, chambers, a "stage II" port job, and reeds. I just got back from Deal's Gap after opening up the ports and adding reeds to my H2, and it was more fun than it's ever been before. It has the performance of "overkill", but without the sacrifices.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:30 pm 

Sounds about right. Stage two? What hp range is that in denconese? Or is stage 2 a mild port job?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:45 pm 

Real horsepower, I dunno. I consider stage I a mild port job, like the Denco "95 hp" specs on the resource site: http://www.kawtriple.com/mraxl/portdencoh2.htm

What I went with is more like the Denco "120" specs: http://www.kawtriple.com/mraxl/portdencospecs.html

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:53 pm 

Overkill is only in the eye of the owner. Do what makes you happy at the time and don't look back. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

It's not that desperate. With some creative work, the cylinder can be modded to a milder state. Reeds would be necessary, but it would be a great motor.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:56 am 

My solution is to have several bikes, each for its different use. You can make a H2 handle, stop and go so much better but it needs to have lots of mods.
I like my H2 because its a bike that says to me "go ahead, go faster around that corner and I'll kick you off". When I ride one of my FZR400's up the mountain
it's such a rush with all the feedback it gives. The H2 is the bike I usually pick because wherever I park it, a crowd soon forms. The old guys like me always have
a story to tell about one of these.