Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:08 pm 

Vesrah were the original supplier for a lot of Kawasaki parts, clutch, brakes etc. So they are just reproducing the original stuff. It is generally available, (Reproduction decals, etc) and it works! I don't have a tie-in with 'em, just trying to help!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:33 pm 

The part that blows the most is yanking off the brake lever and continualy replacing the gasket on the cover..Although I've gasket sealed it every now and again when one was not available to me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:54 pm 

I replace my clutch cover gasket about every 6th or 8th time I take the cover off. Use some sealer on the engine side, and anti-seize on the cover side to make it easier.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:17 pm 

Jim wrote:
I replace my clutch cover gasket about every 6th or 8th time I take the cover off. Use some sealer on the engine side, and anti-seize on the cover side to make it easier.

I use sealer on the cover side and anti-seize on the engine side. :e11 The cover is one piece and even if you split the cases you can re-use the gasket, it's already on the cover. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:42 pm 

well guys I sanded down the tabs and put it all back together and it is still making that noise when I pull in the clutch lever, :banghead :banghead could it be the needle bearings on the clutch hub.????

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:25 pm 

Thats a bummer mike. and to think I was going to toss a large box of nos clutch disc's and fibers in with the h2c :lol: :P :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:16 pm 

mach3restore wrote:
well guys I sanded down the tabs and put it all back together and it is still making that noise when I pull in the clutch lever, :banghead :banghead could it be the needle bearings on the clutch hub.????

Is the basket loose on the gear?

J

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:16 pm 

kawbulman wrote:
Thats a bummer mike. and to think I was going to toss a large box of nos clutch disc's and fibers in with the h2c :lol: :P :P

You are killing me, That's ok, I can take abuse, :banghead This whole clutch thing is wearing on me. :wtf: And you are the first to chime in after I re assembled the bike. :crazy: You need to be a hero and send me a clutch basket complete with needle bearings and bushing. :thumbup: Then just bill me to your satisfaction. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I have paypal. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:19 pm 

Looney Cylinders wrote:
mach3restore wrote:

Is the basket loose on the gear?

J

Back on the stand it goes, drain Oil, :wtf: remove kick starter, :wtf: remove brake lever, :wtf: remove oil pump cover, :wtf: remove oil pump,
remove clutch cover, :wtf: Man this is getting to be the normal thing with me. Then I will check if its loose. :thumbup: I should have noticed if it was.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:29 pm 

Mike...
did you inspect the inside of the clutch cover to see if there are any "witness marks" from the clutch-plate tabs hitting/rubbing/chirping??

If there aren't any marks, its probably not going to be the tabs.